USB port - Audio Media ? (ipod)

• 1 month later...

This is my columbus working with an Ipod on a standard USB lead for all those non believers...

Thanks for posting this. I visited the dealer yesterday ref my potential new car order.. chap there had no idea if/how an ipod could be controlled via Columbus. grrr.. sounded like it would be step back from my mk2 with mdi/ipod as he said it only allowed you to bluetooth stuff to the device.

Your pic confirms i CAN control my classic ipod from the columbus - the only issue now as i see it is that the usb input is on show, so the ipod and cable needs to be visible where on my mk2 the mdi and ipod are all hidden away in the glove box.

Thanks for posting this. I visited the dealer yesterday ref my potential new car order.. chap there had no idea if/how an ipod could be controlled via Columbus. grrr.. sounded like it would be step back from my mk2 with mdi/ipod as he said it only allowed you to bluetooth stuff to the device.

Your pic confirms i CAN control my classic ipod from the columbus - the only issue now as i see it is that the usb input is on show, so the ipod and cable needs to be visible where on my mk2 the mdi and ipod are all hidden away in the glove box.

This annoys me that I can't hide the cable but a black one is more discrete than a generic white iPod lead.

• Like 1

This annoys me that I can't hide the cable but a black one is more discrete than a generic white iPod lead.

I'm guessing there are no other usb inputs elsewhere in the car?

If the mk3 ends up being my next car (which is pretty likely at the moment) i may look at how i can mod this to put the cable/ipod out of sight somewhere..

• Like 1

This is my columbus working with an Ipod on a standard USB lead for all those non believers...

Kudos to your taste in music :clap:  :clap: :clap:  

• Like 1

I'm guessing there are no other usb inputs elsewhere in the car?

If the mk3 ends up being my next car (which is pretty likely at the moment) i may look at how i can mod this to put the cable/ipod out of sight somewhere..

Is there not another usb port in the glovebox

I have a Columbus with Canton. My iPhone 5s plugs in and can be controlled from the wheel. It shows album covers as well. I dont use it as the SD Card and HDD are more convenient. You can control a spotify playlist from the MFSW which is a real bonus.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know if this is referenced anywhere formally in Skoda UK literature/webpage etc?  Previous dealer I went to (Winchester Skoda) told me that there were no controls through the USB, just charging...

It's going in for a service at a different dealer (Salisbury Skoda), and I have asked them to look at it.  Mine's a relatively early 13 plate, so could be a firmware issue?

Hi,

I have been having similar fun with the dealer for Elegence (purchased 6 months old) see http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/359735-amundsen-and-ipods/ for details.

I have just ipdated that post to say that http://vagtec.co.uk/ have said they can retro fit the Mitsumi unit and will update my thread when I know anymore.

• 10 months later...

Ipod touch + Classic does connect fine to Columbus vis usb (octi 2013) Only issue I have is that it does not recognise PLAYLists, just albums , annoying when i ave created playlist folders :envy: