Roof lacquer

• 2 years later...

I have that issue and it looks really bad.  It is called clear cote failure.  What I am planning to do is wet sand the roof, get rid of the clear cote, go down to the paint.  See how the paint is, then maybe Meguiars Ultimate compound, then clear lacquer K2, 2-3 coats.  Then wet sand it to make it smooth, then Ultimate compound, then wax, then seal.

sounds soooo easy

I found "bleached" spots after prolonged wet contact when water has been sat on the paint for a while.  Once the water has evaporated off and the paint drys out in a bit of sunshine,  the white patches disappear.   The paint work is yellow, does this sound the same as you both see? 

Seagull took a massive dump on roof and boot I didn't get it in time burnt through now 2 large patches missing on mine, utterly fuming! 

• Like 1

My VRS is rally red and clear coats abit of a mess now with it been parked up for a while,

Bonnets peeled near the NS headlight and trying to match 16 year old rally red is near on impossible

• 1 year later...