Tech edition

Bcc212

Wife has a tech with Amundsen and is saying she can't connect to Bluetooth? Now this is standard isn't it, so why can't she pair? Am I missing something? She's away at the moment so I can't look at it myself.

Still can't get to the bottom of this. Had a look on VCDS to see and it states the Bluetooth name is skoda_bt but I still can't find it.

Tried seeing if it needed activating via VCDS, but couldn't find anything that remotely came close needing changing.

Skoda bt is the name, does it come up on the phone when searching for Bluetooth devices ?

If you select phone/media/setup on the Amundsen then it should come up on the screen in the bottom right saying "setup" and Bluetooth settings are in there.

Just had a look and none of the menu's hints towards Bluetooth.

It's almost like it hasn't got it.... So it will be going back to skoda to ensure that they bloody well fit it.

Edited by Bcc212

You might just need the headunit coding to enable it, IIRC the tech editions had the BT integrated into the Amundsen headunit.

If you are seeing the options in VCDS then the car has it.

• Like 1

The plot thickens. I've just checked my vehicle order sheet to make sure that it is actually a tech and not just a normal monte (was never sold as a tech, just an ex demo with sat nav) However, when I tried to insure it, it came up with tech! So I then investigated why it didn't have 'tech' things.. 

I haven't had the car long, in fact, I still haven't received the log book so I can't really check for certain whether it's indeed a tech, but going on the insurance checks, it must be? right?

I'v had a look on VCDS and couldn't find the modules to enable it. Will spend a few more minutes later on, then I'll be phoning skoda.

Found coding instructions, check the settings in VCDS.

If you enable it and it does not work, or it works but nobody can here you then you need the microphone as well.

http://www.remkoweijnen.nl/blog/2011/08/26/rns-315-enable-the-hidden-bluetooth-carkit/

This should be standard though shouldn't it? As it's part of the tech package is it not? Or does it just give you bluetooth for media purposes?

Thanks for the link, will have a look in a bit.

Edit: Having looked at that link, I definitely didn't see that last night when I was in that module. Will double check later.

Edited by Bcc212

Standard in the Tech as far as I know, but even if not standard with the addition of a microphone the later Amundsen headunits can do BT as its built in to all and just disabled on some. Simply add the microphone and away you go, no maxidot needed.

I believe the Tech also had a maxidot display though.

Sounds like you do indeed have a standard Fabia, and when the car was first registered the dealer made a a mistake and told the DVLA it was a Tech. The things do happen, the DVLA initially thought my MK1 Octavia vRS was a petrol powered Ambiente TDI.

Have you or your wife made the phone visible to Bluetooth devices so tha it connects to the car. Once you've done this it should connect every time you get in the car with the phone.

The Bluetooth setting on my phone has to be set to visible, it does this for 120 seconds then you can do an initial pair with everything it finds, once it has been paired then you don't need to make it visible anymore as it connects automatically so long as your phone's Bluetooth is on.

Hi we have just bought a 2013 Monty tech and it has the Maxidot and Bluetooth. Log book says tech aswell. Phil.

Sounds like you have a standard monte as the tech's came with maxidot standard!
What age is the car ? Also what phone are you using ?

14 plate and an iphone. It's looking more likely that it's not a tech.. What a pain.

If you have the touch screen Amundsen with the phone tab on it then you should be able to connect to it!

If you do a vehicle enquiry on the direct.gov website it'll tell you exactly what model it is :)

For mic install, follow the instructions here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/252899-amunsden-plus-bluetooth-and-microphone-install-how-to/?hl=%20amundsen%20%20bluetooth%20%20coding

They are for an Octavia but the connections on the HU will be exactly the same, and you need the same mic.

Thanks, it says that I'll need a different connector for my car as it's the 2014 model? Not sure if they changed connectors? Anyway, I've emailed a German guy on eBay so hopefully he can shed some light on it.