Jon's MK1

YellowCar

Ok, so it goes something like this, I had the chance to move on from my Toledo V5 which was getting a bit long in the tooth and I'd always fancied a VRS, so I thought to myself if I can get one for what I can afford I'll go for it. I went to Cannock to see a silver one which looked and read great on the net, but when I got there it was on there 'other' site, and pretty tatty. However he then tells me there is a yellow one, with less miles, a year older but up for a bit less, show me the way I say, and here it is. I got it last summer at 67k miles, I never intended it to be a project, but that's the way it's turned out, so here it is with the work done thus far. I know it's a bit dirty but just not had time for a polish this weekend, on that note I worked quite hard to get on top of the paint as it appeared to have been sitting for a while at the car lot, but it's come up very well now.

Engine and mods

Elite stage 1 performance map

Pipercross panel filter, modified airbox with 80mm pipe down just below crash bar (hopefully avoiding motorway spray, holes selectively drilled into corner grill.

Forge 007 DV

NGK lazer iridium plugs gapped at 0.7

Coil pack recall done

AUM stock intercooler

Silicone hose x2, cooler to throttle body and crankcase breather

Terraclean

Handling

TT front upper brace - short bolts finished with black dome caps

S3 lower brace

Whiteline rarb

Wheel spacers 5mm front 8mm rear

In terms of maintenance so far

3x rear wiper motors (3rd time lucky?)

Lucas heavy duty battery

Cambelt and water pump

Front wheel bearings

Stat and sensor (2nd time lucky?)

Front multplugs checked and protected

Drivers door lock mech

Hankook ventus primes x4 (a bit soft but a nice ride)

Discs and pads to come

Service, will be changing oil again next month

Exterior and other

New logo badge front and rear

Rallye centre caps

Black wheel bolt caps

Brushed aluminium ashtray lid

VRS alloy footrest

Nightbreaker plus bulbs

Arch liner vent

(I had black and white carbon grille and white carbon interior but I couldn't get on with it fully, and I tend to favour cars that look standard, perhaps with very subtle differences that surprise people, although I've nothing against heavy modding at all)

443d7b6c-9d92-464a-8875-c50e336a9ca4_zps

a6d6e8ac-cadb-4179-b1a7-60b47abc74cf_zps

4c7dd540-77db-498e-bcd8-d298d7a48eaa_zps

20150208_132800_zpsigvxjhn2.jpg

All in all, I love it, got a bit of a sting with the wheel bearings bill recently, but the whiteline rarb has made up for that in a big way!

• Like 2

Cheers and likewise! Plans are probably shocks upgrade, fmic, sports cat but they're the major things and I need to slow spending a bit. Other than that I'm undecided about debadging the Octavia bit or updating it, may get the wheels done white and do some deletes/bypass work, all cheap stuff for a while now unless anything breaks. Oh and I'd love some S3 seats but I have higher priorities, interior is very tidy, need a slight bolster refurbished on drivers seat but it's not too bad.