Electric windows not working at all

AdamRSG

I have a 08 1.2htp the windows have been an issue for a while now but since yesterday they do not want to function at all

I tried the reset but that hasn't worked however using the key they still go up and down normally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine have also just stopped working. Whilst driving to work i was pondering fault finding when i realised the switches were lit as the lights were on, therefore power is getting to them. "B******s!" Any quick fixes?

I had this with the passenger window after trying to open it when it was frozen shut.  It would still open with the fob, but not control.

I ignored it for about a week and tried again and it worked fine again... I think a few people have had issues with the wiring in the door hinge area - I doubt the wire for the light is the same as the control.

See my drivers door lights have never lit up but the switch still worked but now they haven't worked for a few days and driving to work its really ****ing me off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the wiring in the the door jam. I had the problem 18 months ago, it was broken wire under the rubber boot in the offside door jam.

Made a temporary fix with a choc strip, took it to a local auto-electrician  and got it fixed for £35.

I now keep the window lock on, so that the switch illuminates, if the light goes off then the wire is broken again

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

So sorry its been a while however my windows work fully once again but now when i lock the car and take the key out they stikl function, is that going to drain battery ?

And the fix is turn the key right in the drivers side door for 3 seconds, release it and turn it right again for another 3 seconds and they should work, also now i noticed my lifters with the key function has stopped working also

The windows still function for about 5 mins after the engine is turned off ands the key is withdrawn. This is normal. They will only work though until you open a door, then this action overrides the function. I had failed windows which worked again for this 5 mins, when I unplugged the door connector. On closer inspection, one of the wires in the door connector beam severed so I had to rejoin it with a small electrical block terminal. It works now but I would be happier if I had the time to get it extended a little and soldered properly. It was a wire in the drivers side, inside the bellows between the door and the door frame, and I think it was a slightly thicker, grey wire. (Some wires are extremely thin and I think often fail on these cars).

Hope that helps a little.

• Like 1

The windows still function for about 5 mins after the engine is turned off ands the key is withdrawn. This is normal. They will only work though until you open a door, then this action overrides the function. I had failed windows which worked again for this 5 mins, when I unplugged the door connector. On closer inspection, one of the wires in the door connector beam severed so I had to rejoin it with a small electrical block terminal. It works now but I would be happier if I had the time to get it extended a little and soldered properly. It was a wire in the drivers side, inside the bellows between the door and the door frame, and I think it was a slightly thicker, grey wire. (Some wires are extremely thin and I think often fail on these cars).

Hope that helps a little.

Thanks for that the weathers actually good today so I might have a look at that and find out what is going on

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry about the late reply lads been busy with work and uni but yesterday I had a day to finally check what was really the problem,

I decided to take the whole drivers door apart and stripped it down to nothing. I took the door loom out and into my house for closer inspection and it turned out 7 wires YES 7 WIRES was all broken,

I decided to solder them to see if this would resolver the problem and put the door back together, and what do you know the eletric windows work perfectly, they even light up now and the led even flashes when i lock the car with my cliford alarm.

So check the loom I bet its broken