Service price's

Hi all I have just had a phone call to say my 1.6 Diesel Octavia is ready to be picked up after a major service. On asking the price I was told it is £430.09 I didn't say anything at the time, and before I go in all guns blazing I wonder if someone can shed some light on the Skoda Servicing price of £259 for a major service on Skoda's web site. 

I presume they have done some work that needed doing? Although of course, they should have advised you of this before going ahead.

I have been charged for Oil,filter, four filters, sump plug, screenwash, brake fluid, which I thought was in with the £259!!

I have been charged for Oil,filter, four filters, sump plug, screenwash, brake fluid, which I thought was in with the £259!!

As other's have said, they are basically taking the urine.

• Like 1

£430? Wow they really are trying their luck!

£259 plus the brake fluid @ £49 is the max you should pay.

It is always worth agreeing the price before booking it in.

Have just received the Invoice breakdown is......  Oil plus various filters and screenwash £261.39  (I agreed to a replacement battery in the remote key)  

£129 for the rear brake pads.Which I agreed to on the phone and (mentioned in second post)

£39,60 Brake fluid. (which I thought was in with the £259)       Total £429,99     Lesson learned. 

Now that you've went into more detail, their price is actually there or there abouts.

Skoda Major Service £259 against £261.39.

Skoda Rear brake pads are £115. £129 if VRs.

Skoda Brake fluid change £49 against £39.60.

Not sure if your service was done at a Skoda dealer or not, and not all Skoda dealers will or have to honour the Skoda National Pricing (that was direct from SUK!). If done at a Skoda dealer, I'd ask why they charged you for VRs brake pads. I wouldn't really query the price discrepancy with Major Service as that is more than cancelled out by the brake fluid change.

And ALWAYS get a quote before getting work carried out. If they find something during the service they want to charge you for, get them to email you the part and price, or as they did with me, text it. Also establish if a direct quote or a 'guesstimate' price.

Fin

Just noticed the discrepancy with the price of the Major Service is down to them changing the key fob battery. If they don't price match the brake pads (and my usually dodgy arithmetic is correct) you are only £5 out.