GROUP BUY fabia vrs widearch kit

Kindredr

As selfish as it sounds it need to stay at a high price. Or there will be rocket bunny fabia's everywhere. I'm in 100% so lets get the group buy going

I don't think people have any idea how much work is involved in making up these kits. The first one will take HOURS to fabricate then the subsequent ones will need to be moulded from that and hand-finished. The problem with £800 on a Fabia is it's 25% or more of the cars value and then you're looking at several hundred more to fit and paint it.

I'd have said MAX £500

That's a no way for me.

Could probably get a body shop to do a proper wide arch for that money.

Could you get a quote and report back because I suspect you'll be horrified at what it will actually cost to get a decent bodyshop to do anything.

I don't think people have any idea how much work is involved in making up these kits. The first one will take HOURS to fabricate then the subsequent ones will need to be moulded from that and hand-finished. The problem with £800 on a Fabia is it's 25% or more of the cars value and then you're looking at several hundred more to fit and paint it.

its not worth 25% of the value of mine!

Could you get a quote and report back because I suspect you'll be horrified at what it will actually cost to get a decent bodyshop to do anything.

and we being a garage have links in the repair work of damaged vehicles all depends on who you know

If you want the wide-stance look and want it low, you're looking at arch modifications. Front might be no big deal but on the rears you're looking at cutting inner/outer and fabricating/welding and finishing.

• Like 2

If you want the wide-stance look and want it low, you're looking at arch modifications. Front might be no big deal but on the rears you're looking at cutting inner/outer and fabricating/welding and finishing.

You'd definitely have to cut away the original arch, otherwise the tyre wouldn't have anywhere to go!

This is definitely the best method.

its not worth 25% of the value of mine!

If you take all the bits off yours you might get £3200 for it. You never know. The bits are probably worth something if you sell them separately. :)

and we being a garage have links in the repair work of damaged vehicles all depends on who you know

But unless you're going to get everyone mates rates you're not going to get a group buy off the ground. And even at mates rates a full one-off proper custom arch set up for £800? All painted and finished? I doubt it.

That's why the WRC kit comes with 2 rear wings. And doors I think.

If you take all the bits off yours you might get £3200 for it. You never know. The bits are probably worth something if you sell them separately. :)

But unless you're going to get everyone mates rates you're not going to get a group buy off the ground. And even at mates rates a full one-off proper custom arch set up for £800? All painted and finished? I doubt it.

diff, helix clutch, 6 pots, gtb2260 hybrid, 3" dwn pipe, tubular manifold, ths cooler hardpipes, cams, ap's full leather, xenons, spider alloys, i'd say they are worth more than the car!

as for fitting I never mentioned a group buy on fitting of any sorts I stated it depends who you know :P

• 7 months later...