as many of you know changing one is expensive  and getting a good one is  a problem

so ,as strange as it was I found on amazon an exhaust system  complete with both sections and the fitting kit included in the price

i have a 1.6 fun  and so i chose to fit the 1.9 diesel exhaust  

the quality was good  really good fit  on the underbody  all rubbers supplied was of good quality as so was the  clamps

the only thing i had to mess with was the joining to the cat  as it was different  diameters  , use of a welder and a 4"  bit of  exhaust pipe and it fits 

yaaa

full system for £50.99 bargain

so if you want a better exhaust  than a   leading car spares place    i recommend this post-110996-0-04669900-1423946172_thumb.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DTTYPOQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

That's useful to know. You never find out until you go to fit them. I bought a centre section some time over a year ago and have been underneath so many times trying to get a better fit that I've lost count. It needed bending to stop it striking the floor, the hangers were pointing off at odd angles and didn't match those on the car. The one in your photo is straight away of a better quality too - the one I bought didn't have the braces to the box ends or different hanger types. Mine also had a slightly bigger diameter than the front pipe / cat though and mine is a diesel.

I am very lucky to have an firm called  parts depot (  http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/partsdepot_uk )  in Crewe they are part of the VAG  group they purchase new old stock and un wanted genuine Skoda parts from dealers across the country and put them on eBay if you keep your eyes open you will get some bargains I got a complete exhaust system for the pickup including cat for less than a copy system It did take several months purchasing one section at a time

I bought a klarius system for mine from a motor factor which is supposed to be a top brand on a par with bosal, it was nearly twice the price of your amazon system... hever again will I buy a klarius exhaust for ANY vehicle, it was bafly made, aweful fittings, and I had to bend bits and straighten other bits to make it go on there, and it was a pain in hoop to stop it rattling.

on the other hand, I bought one of those cheap amazon type systems from ebay for a similar price for the other car, and it was a dream come true, it went straight in no bother at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

as many of you know changing one is expensive  and getting a good one is  a problem

so ,as strange as it was I found on amazon an exhaust system  complete with both sections and the fitting kit included in the price

i have a 1.6 fun  and so i chose to fit the 1.9 diesel exhaust  

the quality was good  really good fit  on the underbody  all rubbers supplied was of good quality as so was the  clamps

the only thing i had to mess with was the joining to the cat  as it was different  diameters  , use of a welder and a 4"  bit of  exhaust pipe and it fits 

yaaa

full system for £50.99 bargain

so if you want a better exhaust  than a   leading car spares place    i recommend this attachicon.gifIMG_0823.JPG

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DTTYPOQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

sorry