Octavia leather door cards / interior trims

Are vRS and L+K (Laurin + Klement) leather clad door cards identical please, as I see a lot of them (mainly high mileage ones) where I'd imagine that the drivers elbow has caused the foam substrate underneath to collapse.

Is this a generic / known problem? If so it would be a great help to know whether these cards are the same, and whether they are easy to change.

Thank you.

Not really a problem, as the centre panel can easily be swapped over -- just knock the heads of the heat welds holding the panels to the door card, and use a hot glue gun to replace.

Allows you to source a decent door card with a cloth insert as it literally is a 15 minute job to swap over.

Mike

Ah, so the (soft-touch) top surface is effectively separate to the door card then.  Interesting.

Just to make sure, is this the section that you are referring to?

Octavia VRS drivers door card damage

Thanks a lot Mike :)

Ah, so the (soft-touch) top surface is effectively separate to the door card then.  Interesting.

Just to make sure, is this the section that you are referring to?

Thanks a lot Mike :)

Sorry I am being daft, you said the centre section, which I'd imagine is the 'leather' covered area.  It makes sense that that would be separate, because then they could make them more generically I suppose.

Thanks again.

• 6 years later...