Eml light

p1tud

Had my car 1 week and the eml light came on last night, popped bonnet today and disconnected the battery to see if it would clear it as car was running fine now I've got no wipers, and steering wheel symbol, boot open symbol and Eml light symbol all on argh!! Anyone got any suggestions what to do? Cheers.

When you disconnect and reconnect the battery you will get a number of lights on the dash, mainly EML, power steering etc.

Once you drive for a minute or two they should all disappear.

If they don't then you need to scan the car to read the fault codes.

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

Are the wipers now working OK?

The EML (Engine Management Light) is used to signal a huge amount of potential issues.

The only real way of correctly diagnosing the issue is to scan the car with VCDS (or take it to an expensive Skoda dealer). This will reveal a fault code and description of the fault.

See here for a list of members near you who might be able to scan your car for you...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/224376-vcds-owners-map/

The fault codes can be understood here...

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Fault_Codes&pagefrom=01273

Edited by silver1011

The only real way of correctly diagnosing the issue is to scan the car with VCDS (or take it to an expensive Skoda dealer). 

VCDS is not only way to read faults  :x  I don't have one but still do all diagnostics and coding jobs :p  

Is it worth buying a cheap vagcom from EBay to reset the eml ?

Queue the dont buy cheap rip off comments.... Wheras I personally say make it a reasonable price and more people will buy legit, a bit like Microsoft realised when they released Vista.

Anyway, not e-bay, Ali Express....

Is it worth buying a cheap vagcom from EBay to reset the eml ?

If you have clue about auto diagnostics etc then buy proper one, if not... just leave it to somebody with experience and knowledge. Because Fault erasing is not repairing... 

MHO :) 

• Like 1