What PDA do people use??

Palmone Lifedrive for me, some people have niggles with them but mine has been trouble free, and the ability to switch to landscape mode and playback movies etc from it's internal 4gb drive is a great feature. Bluetooth, Wireless all work flawlesly to.

Fluff

Mitac Mio 168 with TT5 works well for me.

PDA perfectly functional, GPS anntena built in so easily move between cars - but need to watch this as coating on some cars windscreens car block signal, no problem on octy 2 'tho.

Paid

I can vouch for the HTC range - they go under many brands but are the same bit of gear underneath:

I-Mate' date=' Q-Tek, O2 XDA, T-mobile MDA, Orange SPV, Vodafone VDA etc :)

[/quote']

Yeh, I've got TWO PDA's, and an Orange SPV C500, which I currently use with TT5 mobile. One of the PDA's is reasonably old (3+ years), but is fully functional, 150MHz Casio Cassiopeia (em500 model). I used to use it with a wired GPS, but the GPS failed and I thought it was the PDA, so I bought a new PDA (ofcourse :rolleyes: ). Turns out the wired GPS was faulty, but it didn't matter.

The next PDA is a Fujitsu 610BT, 400MHz, CF and SD card slots. I got an Xtrac II-chipset CF card GPS, no wires, used bluetooth for Tomtom Traffic (Tomtom 3). Tomtom 3 was so buggy, I nearly sold the entire unit, however, I got to demo Tomtom 5 on a mates unit ;), and I have to say TT5 is 100% more stable (I believe it has been re-written).

I now use TT5 mobile on my SPV with a

• 3 months later...

I'm now Sat Navved up. Got a mate who works at college that was handed a box full of "junk" by a lecturer for disposal. He had a look in the box and he found a handful of Compaq iPAQ 3630's with PC Card expansion jackets and wired GPS recievers. He asked me if I wanted one if he could fix them up, so I bit his arm off.

The batteries were duff in the iPAQs and jackets so replacements were bought from eBay. Bought a flash card for the maps and a new cable to the GPS and it's a runner. It's a bit old but it's the first of the ARM powered PPCs so it's easily up to running TomTom5. The speaker is loud and clear, the only minor annoyance is that 5 year old touchscreen technology uses a powerful backlight which glares at night and you need power to the GPS reciever.

I'm tempted by a twin PC Card jacket off eBay so I can get a CompactFlash GPS reciever and do away with the cables then it would be tidier in use. I've also got the camera database installed from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com and the camera voice alert patch from http://www.tomtomsatnav.info

My Dad's just got himself a TomTom One. It's very very nice - slimmer than the Go so it's easily pocketable and the reception is excellent - gets a 4 sat fix in the house.

Absolutley' date=' lmao. it really is just a gps machine for me,

My brother uses one for work purposes but i cant be assed with it tbh.

I bought a Sony erricson P910i and that does all this windows mobile stuff too with PDF,word and excel viewers but i find it most usefull for watching widescreen videos :rofl:[/quote']

Hi i have a p910i, how do i play windows media player video files on it as iot doesnt recognise the format?

Absolutley' date=' lmao. it really is just a gps machine for me,

My brother uses one for work purposes but i cant be assed with it tbh.

I bought a Sony erricson P910i and that does all this windows mobile stuff too with PDF,word and excel viewers but i find it most usefull for watching widescreen videos :rofl:[/quote']

Hi i have a p910i, how do i play windows media player video files on it as iot doesnt recognise the format?