Soundproofing a vRS Combi?

Hi all, if this has already been covered, I apologise and please point me in the right direction.

Firstly, after a year I can safely say I still really like my vRS. The one thing that does get to me is what I consider the excessive amount of road noise.

Obviously, the level of road noise changes with the road surface but generally, I find on the roads I use it can get a bit too much.

So, is anybody aware of an effective sound deadening kit for the vRS? Am I right to assume it has to be professionally fitted for best results?

Your thoughts as always are welcomed and appreciated.

Could be both buddy, running the original Contis on the back, just switched to Goodyears on the front which are claimed to have a pretty low noise rating (69db)

It's probably more road noise than body, just wondered if a sound deadening kit might absorb some of it at least.

Most of the road noise entering my VRS Combi seems to seep through the the tin-can doors and light-bulb glass side windows. Not sure what can be done about this becasue excessive road noise seems to be a weight and cost saving feature of the car.

Most of the road noise entering my VRS Combi seems to seep through the the tin-can doors and light-bulb glass side windows. Not sure what can be done about this becasue excessive road noise seems to be a weight and cost saving feature of the car.

I really wish you could spec laminated side windows. It's one thing I'll surely miss about the Volvo. The sound proofing is so good I can barely hear an ambulance approaching.

Edited by kallekilponen