Octavia L&K Estate 2011 Sound Advice

Good evening all,

I appreciate that this question has been asked before but wondered if anybody could provide some answers/advice?

I have just bought a 2011 Octavia L&K with the Bolero head fitted.  I went to the phone set up and though it indicate BT-Audio, I cannot pair with my phone.  I am presuming that this is because I do not have Bluetooth fitted ( which surprises me because I thought the L&K version was meant to be top spec).  My questions are does anybody any ideas on how much it would cost to get a blue-tooth unit fitted and does anybody know a reliable fitter in he Suffolk area?

I have the Bolero and have seen Columbus units for sale for about 400 - 500 quid.  Is it worth spending the money to upgrade the bolero (I am assuming that its a simple enough pull out and replace) to a Columbus unit. Also is it possible to fit a Columbus DAB unit

Sorry if its a noob question but thought I would ask for advice before I went out and committed money.

I am mainly looking at motorway mileage and spend 6 hours commuting on a 400 mile journey twice a week - so a user friendly decent radio is a must.

thanks for your help

Otto

I can only talk about having the Columbus. My 2010 L&K 1.8 TSI had the Bolero and I got the Columbus to replace it, it did also already have the bluetooth box under the drivers seat with the right bits. It was great when I got it. However now I never use the Columbus Sat Nav, and instead use an app on my phone called Waze which is several orders of magnitude better for directions. a) its connected to the internet as it's on your device, so you can search for a pub or whatever and it'll find it, B) other users of Waze report issues on the roads and it will reroute you around them if it will be quicker to do so, c) its really really accurate for arrival times. Scarily so. d) because it's an app (free) its constantly updated with new cameras, new roads etc.

The Columbus needs to you buy Map DVDs at an extortionate price, or ... obtain them. It has a stunning knack of informing you that there are traffic problems just as you get into the traffic that the problem has caused, and frankly it's slow for putting in locations and things.

The replacement is easy enough to do if you want to, but you also need a new fascia at about £50 ish. Key lesson, after you reconnect your battery and start the car up, your ESP warning light will be on. Fear not, nothing is borked, you just have to roll a few meters for it to recalibrate! Scared the bloody life out of me!