Squeaking noise from front wheels

dunder101

Hello all,

We're the proud owners of a three month old 64 plate 1.2two YetI. Laser white withwith Matterhorn alloys - lovely.

Have noticed today that, when parking into our drive, the front wheels make a squeaking type noise when the steering is turned to full lock. It is not associated with braking, occurs on both sides and cannot be heard inside the car.

It's entirely possible that this is just normal tyre noise, perhaps due to the block paving road, and I must admit that I haven't checked the tyre pressures for a few weeks (will do so tomorrow). But I did want to ask if anyone had had anything like this on their Yetis?

Thank you everyone.

Mine does this - I think it's just the rubber of the drive shaft boots as they're bunched up and turning on full lock.

Aaah - thank you muddyboots.  That does sound like it might be the reason.  I just don't recall hearing it before ... but then, I wasn't listening for such a noise!  Thanks again.

I thought I'd keep this thread going, in case anyone with a similar issue finds it in a search in the future...

I checked my tyre pressures (which were a little low) and also checked that the car doesn't make this noise on full lock when stationary (it doesn't).

I shall keep listening out over the weekend and, if it still sounds the wrong side of wrong, will book it in for a check.

Worth noting that I'm super sensitive to creaks and rattles in my cars (aaah, fond memories of the Fabia's creaking dashboard and the Octavia's rubbing headlining)

• 2 months later...

In case anyone finds this thread through a search, here's a quick update. The noise continued so I gave the rubber boots a squire of lubricant. It still continued so we booked it in at the dealer. Before we even got it there the noise had stopped! A couple of months later, and it hasn't returned.