This will be built next to Yeti II

The Exeo failed because it was already old hat when launched, and the emissions and tech were behind the competition - both important factors for the target audience.

Badge engineering works just fine on the UpMiiGo where it's a good modern car.

That said, I don't expect the Yeti 2 and its Seat equivalent to be the same - they'll be like the Leon and Octavia where you can see the differences as much as the similarities.

Baby ****tycars, oops I mean city cars, do the badge engineering well - also note the Aygo/107/C1 triplets. BUT that is as far as modern badge engineering goes these days.

The SEAT and Škoda crossovers will just share oily bits and perhaps the sunroof and windscreen. In terms of the body panels they will share nothing since both brands have pretty unique styling directions at the moment.

• Like 1

The French/Japanese triplets have done quite a good job of changing the styling second time round. They look quite different, especially front on but inside they are identical.

The new Twingo and Smart ForFour are another fine example of how much you can change a car inside and out. The Renault exterior is better but the Smart interior has the edge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Ho hum,

Ah bin searching the internet for latest word on a 2016/2017 stretched Yeti, LWB Yeti, Bigger Yeti, & seater Yeti,

(i) any furthur developments?

(ii) will the VW Group emissions scandal, and associated costs effect these planned developments?

regards

Marcus

Talking to my man at the dealers last week while ordering my next one he said that nothing is changing till 2018 at the earliest, no new models no change to the current one. 

Edited by wakev

Talking to my man at the dealers last week while ordering my next one he said that nothing is changing till 2018 at the earliest, no new models no change to the current one. 

Similar comment made by my dealer as well.

Don't think talking to anybody at a main dealers is anything to go by,when new models are shown at motor shows and mags and they always deny knowledge of them so the can sell off existing models.

• Like 1