boot opening while paused to drop off passengers

Hi, I don't have the fancy electric tailgate, but if I have parked to drop off passengers quickly, and the start stop has turned the engine off,the boot remains locked even though the passengers have got out. The only solution seems to be taking the key out of the ignition and using the boot release. Is there a way around this. i have tried the general unlock button behind the gearstick, but with no success.Any suggestions?

Rob

Have you tried opening the driver's door?  That should unlock the boot.  Otherwise set the locks to all open on one click of the key and turn off the auto locking feature.

Hadn't thought of trying that! I had only tried the key and the dash with no success. Thanks for the hint, I will give it a try!

Rob

I also have the argument with boot lock sometimes... I dont use start stop, and dont have locked doors button pressed, then stop somewhere to pick a person (engine still running), and they complain the boot is locked... wtf the boot is locked when lock button is not pressed. I need top press the lock button and unpress it again to unlock the boot. wtf is my car smoking?

The doors auto lock when you go over a certain speed, they stay locked until you remove the key from the ignition. If you want to let someone into your locked car when you stop you press the "lock/unlock button" and all the doors and boot magically become unlocked, not on PITA in the slightest, just like every other modern car in the world 

• Like 2

Opening the driver's door didn't work this morning, but pushing the dash button twice seemed to do the trick. In this era of smart I would have expected it to have recognised some of the giveaway hints that the boot might be needed, i.e. that the car was stationary, engine was off due to start stop, handbrake was on and some of the doors had been opened.

Yes. It's a PITA but isn't it to stop passers-by opening your boot while waiting at the lights?

The problem becomes when I stop somewhere, get out of the car to get something out of the boot (+ close my drivers door) and then I realize my boot is locked, then I have to get back in to press the button. Happened many times already. ****ing annoying.

I have looked and automatic locking is turned off in my car. There must be something else which leaves the boot locked even if lock button is not pressed.