Daytime running light warning/failure , vRS

5 minutes ago, Gadget_Dave said:

I'm having the same issue with my approved used 64 VRS estate on the nearside DRL now not working after a few days of intermittent use. I booked into my Skoda dealer where I purchased the car from and paid for a Skoda extended warranty, who have looked at it and said the module and headlight cluster need replacing at a cost (mega bucks I assume)?

They also picked up the warranty issue  with Skoda head office they have now told me its not covered under warranty but they may be able to help out as a gesture of goodwil !!! not sure what this means but obviously want some moola from me...Im not happy at all.... I had a DRL donut LED replaced free of charge on my approved used BMW a few years ago they had no quibble with replacing it....funny how major dealers resolve these issues...

what stance do I now take regarding getting this fixed as it looks odd with only one light running... I will deactivate DRL in the meantime but obviously long term would like this resolved by Skoda.. 

Did they really phone Skoda HQ or just telling you they did.  Phone them yourself and ask. There too many dealers fobbing customers off about warranty work, it's not unto them to decide what is or not covered 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Did they really phone Skoda HQ or just telling you they did.  Phone them yourself and ask. There too many dealers fobbing customers off about warranty work, it's not unto them to decide what is or not covered 

Do you know the head office number for Skoda and I’ll give them a blast !!!

Customer Services.    0333 003 7504

If you get a negative response from the call handler ask to speak to someone in authority 

You could also speak to these people

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/skoda-complaints/contact-details

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Many thanks for your help I’ll update as I progress.

8 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Customer Services.    0333 003 7504

If you get a negative response from the call handler ask to speak to someone in authority 

You could also speak to these people

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/skoda-complaints/contact-details

Many thanks I’ll update as I progress. 

9 hours ago, Gadget_Dave said:

I'm having the same issue with my approved used 64 VRS estate on the nearside DRL now not working after a few days of intermittent use. I booked into my Skoda dealer where I purchased the car from and paid for a Skoda extended warranty, who have looked at it and said the module and headlight cluster need replacing at a cost (mega bucks I assume)?

They also picked up the warranty issue  with Skoda head office they have now told me its not covered under warranty but they may be able to help out as a gesture of goodwill !!! not sure what this means but obviously want some moola from me...Im not happy at all.... I had a DRL donut LED replaced free of charge on my approved used BMW a few years ago they had no quibble with replacing it....funny how major dealers resolve these issues...

what stance do I now take regarding getting this fixed as it looks odd with only one light running... I will deactivate DRL in the meantime but obviously long term would like this resolved by Skoda.. 

Which Extended warranty do you have? What was the reason for rejecting this as a warranty claim? If it's the Skoda backed one and you have all component cover, I can't see why this wouldn't be a legitimate claim and any specific exclusion which would be applicable.

My money would be on the DRL controller rather than both the controller and the headlight unit itself.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I’ve had it confirmed that it is the controller and not the headlight, however, apparently the Vertu Motor Assured extended warranty doesn’t cover this. As an added complication in my case my near side front was damaged in a car park by a 4x4 ranger. I claimed on the insurance (no fault on my part) and had the work carried out at a main VW dealership. The DRL stopped working shortly after this work was completed. On further investigation by same dealer they confirmed the headlight and DRL strip were changed under the insurance work but the control unit wasn’t. Apparently not compatible but this doesn’t make sense to me!!! Anyhow they are trying to open the claim to replace the controller under the warranty for the insurance work. I’ll keep posting the progress as this takes its time through the process.  🤔🤞

• 1 year later...

i'Ve now given up on progressing this through Skoda with the warranty and bought a NEW UNUSED control module off  eBay at a great price of £54.00. 

I'm going to attempt to fit this myself once it arrives does anybody have any useful tips as a way to proceed?

I presume its a bumper off job and headlight unit out to fit the new module?

On a different point I've now got a start/stop fault showing. This started off being intermittent but has now become permanent issue and error.

My car is still under the warranty I bought from Bristol Street Motors, would this be covered or is it a case of fobbing me off until the warranty expires?

Cheers

Gadget_Dave

4G0907697D 4G0907397D LTM-LL-TFL 28357987 28297178 LED Power Module Control Unit

control module drl.jpg