New badges on old Skoda

Anyone know of the newer designed black & silver Skoda badges will fit front and rear of a mark 1 estate 03

Quite fancy them and having to replace my wheel caps anyway

I replaced front and back and the wheel caps with the new black and chrome badges on my vRS wagon. Looks pretty good on the silver [emoji106]. Worth it as the old badges had gone blue - looked sheit.

Hi Actionslax

U also used the Fabia badges ?

Are the badges the exact same size ?

Easy to fit ? How do you take off the old ones ?

Rear - warm it, hairdryer or v hot water poured behind badge. Wrap a flathead with card or rag GENTLY prize up, when you can get a grip, peel off.

Front - you may have to remove grill to drill out the pegs from behind, otherwise exactly the same.

Part number above is the one, I also listed in the useful part numbers thread recently, yes they fit, yes they go straight on, pegs into locating holes.

Thanks all

New badges now fitted - hard part was getting the old adhesive off - hope that the new badges glue is as strong .

They look good.

Skoda dealers were hopeless, when I first asked them for the parts they said they couldn't supply as wouldn't fit

So went with your ebay suggestions.

Cheers

Dealers annoy sometimes, fact is if you just have a part number and want to buy them I don't see their problem. Perhaps they fear you'll return them, but to be fair they should know they'll fit or at least should try and be more helpful asking what dimensions are and such. Anyway, glad you got it sorted. With hot water my adhesives peeled off as a complete disc. The stuff under the Octavia letters was a different story and has left an orangey stain, so I'll be re badging that bit I think. Shame really it looks good on yellow with just the centre badge on the rear. Adhesive on the replacements looks sound to me, plenty sticky enough.

• 1 month later...

If you type the part number in they will pop up, it's the same badge front or rear, not sure what prices are atm, about 15 I think. Don't know about airbag, not really looked for them

5J0 853 621 A

Fitted to my old Fabia VRS (as below)..

It is possible (I think) to fit the larger 90mm badge at rear (only), but the locating lugs at the back of badge probably in wrong place, so snip-off?

post-19613-0-50355600-1430548841_thumb.jpg

post-19613-0-30238500-1430548848_thumb.jpg