Rear wiper froze halfway up screen

Should have used the search facility first, basically the rear wiper is a POS is what I've discovered. Oh well hopefully it returns to normal position then I won't be using it again.

Mine has been doing that for years. Fold it back from the window as if you were changing the blade and then try it with no resistance.

Mine used to have water from the washer leak into it. Apparently this is a common problem. Hose for rear wash blew of the water bottle in the engine, so haven't used the rear wash since. Still use the wiper, but it doesn't like any form of resistance.

It's amazing how many audis and golfs i have noticed (not that old either) drive around with their rear wiper in the 12 O'Clock position.

• Like 1

Due to an #ahem# 'car parking incident', I've just had my rear Wiper Motor and associated parts replaced today. The Wiper Motor is about £80 (that's for a FL estate).

Fin

Cheers folks, it's parked itself after driving about today after about an hour. I'm not gonna use it again until I get a new motor.

And I suggest you don't buy from GSF - I had a chain of 3 for my old Golf IV Estate from them,  and they all failed within 1-6 months. Got my money back from GSF and bought one from ECP - over 3yrs since then and no problems for me, or my neighbour who now runs the vehicle, since (except the leaking washer pipe issue several times!).

That's an impressive parking incident that manages to damage the rear wiper :D

If you mix the following ingredients; Local Authority car park with inadequate signage, boundary of next level car park protrudes a metre into the boundary of the level below (mine)at Wiper arm height, barriers indicating the boundary of my level extend a metre below the floor aboves protrusion, rear PDC indicates I still have a metre to go, several thousand tons of concrete says otherwise. Mix them together, et viola one smashed rear screen, buckled Wiper arm, detached Wiper Motor and cracked rear door card. All caught on front and rear cameras, and some below par mobile phone photographs.

The silver lining is it was a low speed impact and the Wiper arm took the brunt of the impact, not the C pillars.

Letter for compensation for windscreen excess and reimbursement of Wiper repair costs en route to LA.

Fin

Oh - and now I feel like I've been had...pretty sure my dealer recently charged me £200+ for a new rear wiper motor on a VRs hatchback (unless they're different and thus substantially more...)  :no:

If you mix the following ingredients; Local Authority car park with inadequate signage, boundary of next level car park protrudes a metre into the boundary of the level below (mine)at Wiper arm height, barriers indicating the boundary of my level extend a metre below the floor aboves protrusion, rear PDC indicates I still have a metre to go, several thousand tons of concrete says otherwise. Mix them together, et viola one smashed rear screen, buckled Wiper arm, detached Wiper Motor and cracked rear door card. All caught on front and rear cameras, and some below par mobile phone photographs.

The silver lining is it was a low speed impact and the Wiper arm took the brunt of the impact, not the C pillars.

Letter for compensation for windscreen excess and reimbursement of Wiper repair costs en route to LA.

Fin

Ouch, fingers crossed for some recompense!

Oh - and now I feel like I've been had...pretty sure my dealer recently charged me £200+ for a new rear wiper motor on a VRs hatchback (unless they're different and thus substantially more...) :no:

My bill was approximately £275 which was for Wiper Motor, Wiper arm, Wiper blade, several bolts, a'cap', rear plastic door card and OEM Skoda rear sunblind.

Fin