Wilts

SN5 7SB

01793 645604

New Car Sales

Authorised Repairer

Business Sales Centre

Approved Used Car Sales

Originally posted by ncarring - Sun Nov 9, 2003

I bought my car here, and all work on it since has been done by them. They are friendly and approachable, and seem to aim to please. The guy who sold me my car, Matt, is easy to get on with and not pushy.

Only minor niggles are over the time it took them to diagnose my two warranty faults - a coil pack!! and a stripped water pump. Both of these are common 1.8T failures so I feel somewhat justified in suggesting they should have been diagnosed quicker. Having said that, a courtesy car was provided (albeit it had to be swapped a couple of times), and I was kept reasonably well informed.

Servicing is performed to book, at very reasonable rates.

Overall, recommended. 8/10.

Originally posted by ChrisYeow - Thu Jan 22, 2004

Purchased a Red Octavia vRS from Fish Brothers Skoda in Swindon and was very very pleased with the car and service. Couldn't of hoped for a better transaction and gave me a very very good price on my part exchange. Would recommend and have had no problems since the sale.

Originally posted by Chappers - Wed Oct 27, 2004

I also purchased a Red Octavia vRS from Matt at Fish Brothers Skoda in Swindon and was very pleased with the car and service I received. I had a problem with the switch transaction going through resulting in not being able to pick up my vRS until the following day. Matt even offered me use of there courtesy car to get to work that night if I needed it, then gave me a lift home. Waiting for my first service now, and at the rate I am putting miles on it won’t be too far away, so I will come back and add information after that.

Originally posted by tim smith - Thu Jun 16, 2005

had middle box of exhaust replaced (friday afternoon) - following tuesday exhaust fell in half - connector between front and middle box not tightened up.

Octavia vrs with no exhaust very loud!

Car not driveable - front box/catalyst just hanging 1" from ground - had to get home, and then back to work next day using buses, trains and taxis in the pouring rain (umbrella in car of course! duh) not nice, or cheap!

Not a happy bunny - service and sales guys are friendly, knowlegable and very helpful - lifts to work freely offerred and general experience of visiting fish is pleasant (unlike vincents - something about audi salesman that makes me want to punch them, great cars, terrible dealers) so I really want to like these guys - wish they had tighened up that clip though.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

went in to have a sterring sensor replaced 70.00hr labour eficcient friendly but im used to 40.00 hour.... Anyone no cheaper mechainc with diagnostic equipment to deal with the skoda fabia???? just had service oil air filter change quoted 160.

00 for the 1.5 hrs labour on top shocking..... so anyone in the area no of a good maechanic that can read the on board computer????

• 1 month later...

Got my Fabia vRS from them and Matt was great, informed me about everything.

took it back a few weks ago after I had a bit too much fun with the traction control off and they fixed it a treat, would deffinately go back there, even though I live in Kent now.

• 6 months later...

Hi Denis,

Very useful for me this thread, as Fish Brothers are my nearest dealer. Thank you.

Good to read of previous experience's of friendly service, and fairly efficient service.

I have visited there, one time already, and was greeted by a very nice YL with long blond hair, that made Soviet, and son Stefan-Alex a nice cup of coffee as the machine was not functional. Ah, what a charming lady, if only I was 20 years younger, then I would be sweeping her off her feet.

She even sat next to me, and chatted,while I had a Vag-Com test done on my vehicle, for the instrument panel problem. This unfortunately did not show any faults. As you have probably seen, I have now fixed the problem, and now have diagnostics to use of my own.

Soviet(dig up Brezhnev and resuscitate)

Actually got around to putting Briskoda stickers in my car today. ordered two of these ones.

One is top of rear hatch door and other, rear passenger door.

Now I am the proud one to be a member.

Soviet.

Hi Good old soviet here,

Had a mooch around the place, and looked at some of the new cars, and the used cars at Fish bros. and I thought that the used ones where very pricey for the milage.

Non the less, enjoyed myself there.

Always will do my own repairs if I have the right tools/equipment of course.

Soviet

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Is there anyone in the 'know' on here that would be able to tell me when Swindon Fish Bros are back up and running with their diagnostic equipment, I cant get my key programmed until then, mainly because I dont have the time to get to Chippenham which is the closest alternative?

I know that it is possible to do with Vag-Com, but I dont have a registered copy, nor my

?SKC? code which Im hoping that Skoda can provide to me!

CheeRS

Rob

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I dont rate tham that highly.Cost me £84 to have a leaking door seal fixed and it was still leaking after! £38 for sealant and the rest was labour. I ended up doing it myself with bathroom sealer, the job they had done was very poor work. It must have been a trainee or retard that did it! Got a quote for a service today, car has done 40k miles and is 4 years old. £270, she said. So i ask if that includes a cam belt. No, she says. So i prompt on the need to change it. She shouts to someone... doesnt need done til 80k miles she says.... or 4 years. Ok, so mine is a 54 plate, should i get it done or not? Yes, i suppose so!! Ok so how much is it? £290. Do you include a new water pump in that? No, thats an extra £40 or £50. I didnt even ask about brake fluid!!So in summary, about £610, to get a part of the service required.... and i had to practically tell them what was required. Its sub-standard as far as im concerned and im not taking my car there.

• 1 month later...

I brought 2 cars through this garage but some time between then (3 years ago) and now, thing's have gone wonky.

This garage has been through 2 recent changes of staff I've been told on the phone from them but it seems all that happens is they put up their prices. They wanted £1,500 for a turbo replacement on a fabia vRS last month and were happy to suggest there was nothing they could do, the turbo was really costing them that much. Same turbo from an online shop came in £400 less.

They also missed doing a brake fluid change during a service which I paid for, couldn't diagnose a brake problem (but it's no problem, they charged me for not finding it either - mechanic from bracknell found it next day) and charge over the odds for everything. Despite buying my car from this place I wouldn't ever go back now it's plainly obvious how much they want to rip their customers off by.

They won't do any repairs if you buy your own parts, genuine, direct from manufacturer, or from another garage, even if you take all liability.

Same really, got my fabia serviced there 6 months ago and was quite impressed with what £90 got me, ie everything checked with an oil change etc but last week I returned for my major 40k service and was dissapointed afterwards. £215 later and it seemed extortionate that £137 of that is labour to change the air filter, oil and spark plugs. I also paid for 1L of screen wash of which a splash must have been used in the filler. Last time they left me the remains of the bottle in the boot in the strapped section. Just little things really got me irritated about this place. Is there any other main skoda dealers around the Swindon area?

LukeM

• 1 year later...

Popped into this dealership recently on a Saturday afternoon. The one sales person was busy with another couple, so had to wait ages to be seen, Told the salesman I wanted to place an order for a vRS but wanted somewhere near the DtD price. Sales person would only offer a tank of petrol off the usual vat-free price. So left.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Not bad. They charge you for diagnostics even if you have an extended warranty. At £50 per half hour it is expensive but they are friendly and offer a 'free' courtesy car when they have them. I had a roomster.

I wouldn't say they were the worst but by far the best.

• 1 month later...

Only thing I would comment on is their product knowledge appears to be a bit suspect and not overly

bothered to go the extra mile if you have a problem outside the norm (random faults being an example).

Had to push them to contact Skoda UK to resolve an issue which to be fair to Skoda UK they settled to our satisfaction. Not much credit to the Dealer though.

I would rate as average with customer service a bit complacent and relying on the customer doing the pushing.

Pricing for servicing I would rate as acceptable although they appear to charge extra for long life oil.

Wouldn't say staff at new location any better in response to information and customer focus.

Lets hope it improves as the new faces may need to bed in.

Edited by kibby

• 3 months later...

I had a rather underwhelming customer experience this week.

Wanted to have a look at the new Octy, but the main reason was a visit to the parts dept.

So I went into the showroom, looked round the cars, sat in one, however the guy on the desk was too immersed in paperwork to acknowledge me - let alone ask if he could help. Went outside looked at the used cars, came back in the showroom - still no acknowledgement. Wandered round a bit, sat in Citigo Sport (quite impressed - comfortable seats and nicely finished dash).

Finally a woman on another desk did make eye contact with me and gave me directions to the parts dept (not obvious where it was - being across the way in a building with Toyota signage).

Where I was quoted £115 for a set of 4 Octavia 15" plastic wheel trims covers!!! (£45 + postage from Horton's Skoda Shop).

Left empty handed, and will try another dealership when I'm passing (or Halfords) as I find it difficult to believe Fish Bros quoted price.

• 4 weeks later...