Skoda Octavia VRS Remap Help Needed

I have recently bought a beautiful 2007 octavia vrs 

it currently has awesome k&n induction with a heat shield and a dumb valve

value of both them and fitting costed £500 so it was professionally done

when i purchased the car he said it was remapped but no evidence was there 

so if i get a dyno run how would i know it has been remapped will it be running 40bhp more? 

and if it's remapped i want to go to stage 2 

and getting it running at 260-270bhp will that be okay for the turbo ? as some other threads say anything over 280bhp need to change the turbo to k04 

as the skodas have k03 turbos fitted

if i am able to get 260-270bhp without changing the turbo what will i need to get

and i dont really want a exhaust system due to the fact my is in good condition and saves me a lot of ££  

You'll be able to tell if it's remapped if the torque curve looks like a mountain and not like a mesa.  Ex factory the torque is artificially limited so it plateaus at about 2200rpm and stays flat until around 5000rpm then drops away.  WIth a remap the torque will continue to increase until about 4500-5000ish and then drop away.

For stage 2 (IMO)

upgraded inlet - tick

remaining

upgrade HPFP and add a new cam follower (check / replace the cam follower even if you stay stage 1)

Upgraded intercooler

3" downpipe & sports cat

3" catback exhaust

stage 2 software

Anything less & it's not really stage 2 IMO but you can pick & choose from that list & get your own stage 1.5.

After you've gone stage 2 then you'll need to review the capabilities of your tyres, wheels, suspension, engine mounts & brakes.  It's (almost) never ending. :-)

Have fun

ill go for stage 1.5

i want 260-270bhp i have been told i wont need to upgrade exhaust by the tuners maybe intercooler would help

also what is a cam follower? 

cup shaped object between the fuel pump & the camshaft.  The case hardening can wear off.  It's worthwhile inspecting them or the result might be:

mk5fuelpumpcamfollower.jpg