car starting issue

Hi all,im having an odd issue with the car,went to use it this morning and it was completely dead,no central locking,nothing displayed on the dash etc.
So i assumed the battery was dead,plugged it into a charger,which said it was fully charged.
I fitted the battery back into the car at which point i heard the fuel pump prime,so can i assume the battery isnt at fault?
I have checked the fuses on top of the battery holder and in the cabin,any suggestions?
Thanks
Alex

The battery is 18 months old and supposedly a good brand - Yuasa
Ive had this issue on 2 previous fabias where the steering angle sensor has caused the battery to drain,
i just so happened to be replacing the inner tie rods the day before the flat battery so i may have knocked the sensor and caused the issue.
I dont really want to fork out for a new battery to find out my current one is healthy,i also dont want to fork out for a new sensor to find out the battery is the issue.
Il have to disconnect the battery overnight til i figure something out.