Robinsons Skoda - Norwich..

DGW

I've just had the 130,000 mile service carried out and they also tried to fit my used Turbo for me. Sadly it was an ASZ turbo and despite their trying every combination of EGR cooling solution, they couldn't make it fit. But SWMBO had the loan car for 3 days while they tried and they charged me 2 hours labour despite all the messing about and ordering in of sale-or-return parts. I'm with the guy above about the sales staff (although if the management won't let them discount, they can't discount) but the parts and maintenance people are excellent. Probably better than Norwich Audi, and they're pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

From "the guy above"

Its not as if I got as far as discussing a deal. I'm not a disgruntled punter having not got the price I wanted. My comments are based on two visits and the rude manner of two staff. Shocking behaviour and HIGHLY unprofessional!

Some need to realise, you could have the best product going but people buy from people!

• 1 year later...

Cannot fault the service I had when I bought my Fabia vrs in November. Was allowed 2 test drives with no questions. Staff were polite both from the sales and service staff. I was kept fully informed with the build time of my car and ending up with a pre built car with a black roof which didn't cost me a penny. Would recommend to anyone and will be going back for next car.

• 4 months later...

Took our Yeti to Robinsons this week as the air con had packed up and booked it in for a check on the system after two years servcie as we were going on holiday for two weeks. After aprox one and a quarter hours walked back in and they had tried to save the day by re filling the system to get us through the hol whilst putting in an order for a new part.

Started to load up the car with bikes on the roof rack and opened the bonnet to check the oil,water,antfreeze etc and noticed to shiny valves glaring brightly in the sun on the air con system?

They had forgot to put back the plastic caps to keep out the grit when re used at a later day which would cause a blockage or damage in future years. Wife phoned them up and explained the problem and the mechanic would drive over to us at home  some 8 miles and fit them back on the car before we drove off on our holidays.

Very surprised at this one and thought it was a joke but the mechanic in question came along in his car with two new shiny plastic caps to seal the valves off. So yes they left them off and I always check work done but sorted it out straight away. Well done again Robinsons of Norwich for sorting it out on a very hot humid Friday afternnon.

FlyingBrick

• 3 weeks later...

I have just had the WORST experience ever! After being quoted a good price for a new citigo......it all went down hill! We had got the finance quotes and was happy with the offer. I arranged a time to go in and sign all the paperwork (which happened to be during my lunch) but unfortunately the sales man I was dealing with had a day off so had to deal with the sales manager, Christine. BIG MISTAKE! The order form was incorrect and and was told that this mush have been my fault as I did not specify the options?! Then when I questioned the price, which was incorrect due to options missing was told that robinsons don't discount their cars and so the price I was quoted was also wrong, which she also made me feel like it was may fault. At this point I debated going to another dealer, but thought, no I will give them another chance.... Perhaps she was having an 'off' day. Returned today and delt with Christine again. When I questioned the price again as it was still wrong she nearly exploded! She told me that it is not their job to keep adjusting quotes because the customer changes their mind ( she got the quote wrong twice! Even though I had written down what I wanted!) and that if I wanted any money off the list price I should take my business elsewhere! She then finished off by saying that they have so many customers that they don't need my business and not to come back!

Well I went straight to Simpsons skoda in gt yarmouth, who gave me a really good deal and nothing was too much for them! Even managed to discount the car!

This is not my first experience like this with robinsons, a few years ago I went in with my deposit in hand to order a Fabia vrs and was told they can only sell me one at list price! So I ordered from Birmingham with 3.5k discount!

I will be writing a formal complaint and asking why I was spoken to so rudely! I though dealers want to sell cars? It also state on robinsons website that they ' will go above and beyond any customers expectations' I THINK NOT!

On the other hand, there was a very helpful lad (I believe a trainee?) who could not do enough to help! Just such a shame his boss, Christine, doesn't share the same ethos!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As a newbie commented on the excellence service I had from the sales staff at Robinsons I personally found Simpsons very unhelpful especially to me being a woman . I had gone to several dealerships of a few brands and this dealership were the best and I cannot fault the sales manager Christine who went out of her way to guide me through the finance and did not pressure me at all . I joined this site to get useful information and it is a shame people use to totally discredit other dealerships , I am sure every dealership will not please everyone and in all forms of life we do not all get on with everyone so stop the slagging off !

Air con update for Yeti 2.0 TDI CR SE

After being told that the condensor needed replacing the Yeti has been in and a new nice new shiny black condensor fiited without any problems.

Have sent in photos on the actual Yeti site but Robinsons were very good at sorting the problem out and dropping off the wife to work and then picking her up after the exchange unit had been fitted.

The Yeti came back washed and very clean plus a very polite and helpful chauffer. The wife was very impressed with Robinsons after care and no nuts or bolts left out this time.

So for once yes a positve from a dealer that does what it says on the tin. Well done Robinsons for getting us out of trouble on the night before we went on holiday and getting the air con to run until the new parts turned up. We had the offer of a car for the holiday but with over two weeks holiday and three bikes on the roof we did decline the offer. I always give a pat on the back when it is deserved.

FlyingBrick

• 2 months later...

After not posting about how good Robinsons were for the last 3 or 4 services, can I just say a huge thanks to them for keeping SWMBO mobile on New Year's Eve after the car developed a Flap Motor Sensor fault coming out of Chapelfield yesterday. They really looked after her (apparently she was VERY stressed as the car kept stalling every time she lifted off the throttle) and they even managed to magic her up a loan car when there weren't any officially available. Thanks guys!

SWMBO picked up the vRS after having had the loan car for the thick end of a week, two faults corrected (camshaft sensor replaced and intake flap motor) for the princely sum of £150. I don't want to get anyone into trouble, but Norwich Audi won't even look down their nose at you for £150 so how they managed to do several hours of diagnostics and labour plus any parts required for so little amazes me in this day and age. I may have had issues in the past with the sales side, but the service department at Robinsons are genuinely faultless in my eyes. They really do put the VW and Audi dealers in Norwich to shame in terms of how they treat you as a customer and actually look after you, not just make you feel looked after.

SWMBO picked up the vRS after having had the loan car for the thick end of a week, two faults corrected (camshaft sensor replaced and intake flap motor) for the princely sum of £150. I don't want to get anyone into trouble, but Norwich Audi won't even look down their nose at you for £150 so how they managed to do several hours of diagnostics and labour plus any parts required for so little amazes me in this day and age. I may have had issues in the past with the sales side, but the service department at Robinsons are genuinely faultless in my eyes. They really do put the VW and Audi dealers in Norwich to shame in terms of how they treat you as a customer and actually look after you, not just make you feel looked after.

I concur with comments with regards to Robinsons Service Dept, .

• 2 months later...

Just to continue the uninterrupted steam of good things I have to say to about Robinsons Skoda in Norwich, can I single out Garry in Service for special mention because he serviced the vRS again last week and fitted the new hybrid turbo (which included having to clock it) and swapped over the winter/summer wheels as well as carrying out the bigger 20,000 mile service.

I've had VERY expensive cars serviced recently and the service we get from Robinsons really does put all the Audi and Mercedes dealers to shame.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no doubt that the Service Dept, judging by the comments are very good, however the Sales side really need to up their game and not be rude, condescending, arrogant and dismissive. Unfortunately due to 2 bad experiences of them (down to one lady in particular) I rang Skoda UK who could not have been less helpful and really do not believe that their dealer staff might have damaged their brand. If I want a Skoda (highly likely in the near future) I will not go to Robinsons Skoda due to this, despite being a long standing customer of theirs for VW. Quite frankly, this lady is shockingly arrogant and quite rude to potential customers who go in to place and order and are told that their custom is not welcome. I know that I am not alone in finding this attitude but for some customers it will be the opposite. As long as you don't want a competitive price that is. Shocking behaviour.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I usually post glowing reviews of Robinsons service department, and this time is no different. The guys are genuinely top notch. My car is getting old but you wouldn't know it by the way it drives. And I put a lot of that down to the fact that my car is maintained by Robinsons in Norwich. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Paul. after sales. has been moved to  always helpful will miss him. Gary and Lucy both good on service desk, Gary has always been most helpful and is a great asset to  Robinsons Skoda.  Please don't move him to  VW. Have always had excellent service from the service dept at Robinsons. 

• 2 weeks later...

The vRS had it's 5th MOT at Robinsons today. 2 new calipers required at the back (ouch!) so it wasn't cheap (almost £600 including the big service at 220,000 miles but I think that they do look after me. The car runs like a dream and the handbrake is back to it's old glory. If there is a better looked after high-mileage Mk I in the UK I'd be very surprised. I still reckon Robinsons is the best car service department I've experienced. And I've seen a lot of dealers!

• 6 months later...

Another 10,000 miles have gone by and Robinsons did the required service. No issues to be fixed, just the standard service. There is a new lady on the service reception, and she appears to have been through the Robinsons charm school. What can I say? I feel I'm getting a service. And I don't feel ripped off either. Robinsons service department continue to impress. 10/10 again.

• 7 months later...

I found them very decent people, Richard and James were two salespersons I met there (also someone else who very kindly collected me to the dealer) and I couldn't ask for more for my purchase to be honest, they also did a great job preparing the car too.

SWMBO has had the black Fabia into Robinsons 3 times in the last 2 weeks - firstly for a low tyre pressure fault, which they sorted out free of charge, then to get the rear bump stops swapped (an advisory at the MOT and then to get the windscreen wipers replaced). Total cost for the bump stops seemed pricey at £150 but I suppose they have to pay for the new glass palace somehow. £15 fitted for the windscreen wipers seems a lot more like it when you consider what they charge across the road in Halfords. SWMBO isn't quite 100% sure she likes the new Robinsons. Time will tell if they lose their "Skoda-ness" and just become another faceless Marriotts franchise.

• 5 months later...

SWMBO took the car in for the 23rd service (now on the second service book) and it had a new cambelt (£200) and a big service which meant the whole thing was £400-ish in total. For a main dealer, Robinsons are definitely not taking the proverbial on pricing.

They also spotted that the RARB clamps had completely rusted away on one side and were well on the way on the other side so a new kit was ordered from Jabba Sport (£47) plus there was a leak on the oil return from the turbo (£110 fitted) so the car went back for another day with Robinsons to be fully returned to rude health. 10/10 from both of us.

I can't say that SWMBO is that entirely enamoured of the new dealership, but they do still seem to care about the car, so that's a good basis to start from. I recently specced a £40,000 Superb as a potential replacement for my allroad, so maybe they need to go upmarket. They just MUSTN'T lose the homespun friendly HONESTY they definitely have/had in spades.

Edited by wja96

The customer service advisor Tony Wilson had been a ray of light after I recently purchased an approved Skoda. What a bag of faults this car had been, in my short ownership it had the engine and gearbox replaced under warranty. Just a bit muted that I purchased a lemon. It may run faultlessly now but depreciation hit hard. **** Turpin wore a mask when he was with his prey...

• 5 months later...

So, it must be 3 services since I last put anything up about Robinsons, which is probably more a reflection of how smoothly things have been going than anything else. After a bit of a rocky start to her relationship with the new dealership setup, SWMBO is now firmly back in the "they can do no wrong" camp.

She had a little bit of a concern over something and they fitted her in immediately, were generally fabulous and sent her in her way reassured and happy. If you're in Norwich and you have a VAG car, they're the best.

• 1 year later...

Wasted my time going to Robinson Skoda when trying to order my Kodiaq.
I have issue with Robinson Motor Group anyway as their VW dealerships are nothing short of con artists (i bought my Tiguan from them) - that being said Robinson Audi of Norwich have always been good with my Audi.

Putting aside my issues I went into Robinsons at the beginning of Feb and asked to have a test drive in a Kodiaq - "Yes Sir, I can do that, how about End of March"
I then spoke to Simpson's Great Yarmouth who were helpful when it came to the test drive - and I test drove that weekend.

Simpsons advised me to create the car I wanted on Skoda configurator and  send it to them so they could see what sort of deal they could do.
So after completing the configurator I sent it to both Simpsons and Robinsons and had explained that i'd now test driven and was ready to order.

Robinsons basically ignored my request for a price for my new factory built car,and tried to sell me what was on their shop floor at more money without the options i wanted.

I placed my order on 22 Feb through Wings of Peterborough who bent over backwards to do me a sale.

I then received an email from Robinsons in March offering me a test drive! 

Robinsons lost a £34k sale due to their lack of providing a quote, not offering a test drive in a reasonable time period and clearly not listening.
I will not be using Robinsons for any work and will instead go to Simpsons in Great Yarmouth.