spaceback mudflaps

just ordering on superskoda are the fronts the same as normal rapid cant find spaceback specific ?

fitted em on my citigo hopefully these will be as easy to fit 

Fronts are the same for both cars, only the rears are unique to each car as the rear bumper shape is different between the Rapid and Spaceback.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• Like 1

easier than citigo then had to drill 4 holes for each rear flap 

ordered them and the bits for the boot hooks and bins 

see how much my stealer trys for lowering springs 

If you get a right-angle drill adapter (can be bought for about a fiver from the likes of Amazon), the one hole that needs to be drilled for each front mudflap can be done without removing the front wheels, just put the car on full lock.

No - you do not need to drill any holes for the rear mudflaps - the third mounting hole is already present in the wheel arch liner. Also, if you use a low-profile right angle screwdriver, you don't even need to remove the wheels on the rear. Took me all of 5 minutes to fit the rears using a cheap Rolson right angle mini ratchet screwdriver.

You only have to drill for the front mudflaps (one hole per side) - assuming you even bother with the push-fit third fastening. As I said, full lock, right angle drill head and you can drill it without removing the front wheels or putting the car up in the air.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some good advice there, thanks.

Skoda mud flaps now fitted front & rear to my Spaceback, along with engine cover (see separate post for pictures, if interested)..... not too sure what to move on to next, but keen to sort out a decent boot floor cover.

See my thread about the Costco rubber boot mat, if you don't fancy the expensive genuine one.

• Like 1

Argh! I just bought a full set of mud flaps from caffyns on ebay for £54 delivered. Could have got them for 30euro, about half the price from Skodashop posted on this thread :-(

ah well, i know where to shop in the future!

John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...