1988 Skoda 120L 5 Speed

Burkey71

Hi everyone,

New here, so please be gentle!  :happy:

I'm hoping that I'm posting this in the right place.  I'll start with a bit of history on the car.

A friend of my parents recently passed away and as he had no family left a few things for them.

One of these things was the Skoda.  We knew of the car, but hadn't seen it for about 15 years.  We knew it was kept in a garage but we didn't know where the garage was as he lived in a flat and all we knew was that he rented a plot from the local council.  So my Dad and I found a bag of keys and went off trying all the various garages around where he lived - surprisingly we didn't get arrested! 

We eventually found a garage that the keys fitted, lifted the door and to our surprise there was the car, not as we expected to find it - 4 tyres and a lot of rust - but a pretty sound looking car.  The tax disc on the car shows that it was last on the road in 2012 after that it was parked up.  We managed to free the brakes and get it back to where I work.  After draining the fuel and putting in some fresh, the car started, so we drove it literally around the corner to put it through an MOT so we'd know what needs doing.  It failed on brakes, some perished bits and emissions.  All the bits that needed to be replace have been, we've just got the brakes to sort out.

The car is a 1988 120l 5 speed in a very strange greenish colour with just over 22000 miles on it, 1 owner with a full service history.

We're looking for advice on what to do with the car, I'm not sure my Dad's up for keeping it (he's getting on a bit himself) but I feel sticking it on EBay would somehow not be doing the car justice - so please, any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated!

I have some photo's but need to find out how to upload them for you all to see it -

Thanks

Burkey.

Skoda Owners club site and Old Skoda Owners on Facebook......but actually Ebay will attract you the biggest audience and there's nothing wrong with going on there. If the car's bodywork is as clean as the miles would suggest you should get well over £1000 for it. You should ignore the ridiculous pricing of the Irish seller who has a white car in Kent that came from Malta.....he has a £500 car and will never get the £1050 asking price. I sold my 120L5 at the weekend and Got £1400 for it but it was immaculate with a new MOT and a few nice bits like clear lights.

• Like 1

I'd be interested to see this car. It sounds awesome. The 120 L5 is pretty good too as you get the 5 speed gearbox. 

Someone posted up a Rapid on the Skoda Owners' Club page the other day and it sold within 15 minutes so might be worth giving that a try too.

• 2 months later...