Major sound system upgrade

On 14/10/2023 at 20:53, Internetdivisor said:

Go for B&O and we will talk later.

Received the B&O. Unfortunately did fit at all. Way bigger than the Kodiaq Canton. Part below fit but it was to high to close the floor. So what I did, removed the speaker from the old one and placed the B7O woofer inside. Had to do some modification to fit. The magnet is way bigger as you see. But my enclosure is the same still. Not that big improvement yet, I will out some deadening inside the box also. I think I will need to go with a high low convertor and place a 10" woofer with amp.

IMG_0325.jpeg

IMG_0323.jpeg

IMG_0322.jpeg

IMG_0321.jpeg

Well, at least you got it going, prob. also the enclosure volume has something to say about the improvement since the box is designed for the speaker but you will see.

I also have the sub in my B&O Q5 (where I got the idea from in the first place) and it is more than enough for me without all the hi-lo, cables and all the fuss around a 10-12" bass box.

Now, for the Hi-Lo, the Canton amp as well as the others (Also B&O amp is made by Harman Kardon) have resistance checks and the only adapter I got and worked flawlessly is: https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/helix/accessories/aac.3-hp . The sub I used with it was JBL BassPro Hub and I wasn't satisfied since, as I understood from other colleagues on this and other forums the bass signal coming from the amp to the OE sub is filtered and also capped at a certain level form where only mids go up and in a later stage also the highs are getting filtered to other frequencies.

The only way to really boom the AM sub would prob be to get the signal with a DSP or from "full range" front speakers.

Another idea is what I posted in the past threads: The Match PP w-8q. You can see the result here in A5-A7 with Canton Amp, so it delivers more than enough: 

and here:

My Helix AAC is now in a drawer since I am no longer using it in my cars.