Bottom diy boost pipe - doing my head in!

Ok so from top to bottom:

turbo> 90 degree silcon bend, then 45 degree ss tubing( that is to short), to a 90 degree silcon bend to intercooloer.

So the 45 degree ss is to short by about 20mm - what can i do? i cant find a way to coupling ss to silcon, as the coupler would need to be a reducer also, as it needs to go on top of the stainless.

I also can find any suitable pipe what ever angle with longer legs than 150mm...

Are there any company's that make to order ... this is doing my head in, what should be relatively simple ...

Guest BigJase88

From what i remember my forge setup went as follows

90degree silicone off turbo

To aluminium 90degree

Then long silicone

Then aluminium 90 to silicone coupler into intercooler

Whats wrong with using the original pipe fittings?

Binned, was like a leaky sieve, look like been used for pelt gun practice, but was infact 20+ self taps on the bottom part allow n, all with a nice coating of grease and leaking oil .. was a master piece really.

From what i remember my forge setup went as follows

90degree silicone off turbo

To aluminium 90degree

Then long silicone

Then aluminium 90 to silicone coupler into intercooler

Mine was the same as above really.

90° silicone from turbo

90° steel pipe with leg

90° silicone into inter cooler.

90 with leg, what's that?

The issue i have using 90 pipe, is that i cant buy a pipe with longer legs than 150mm each side of the bend, and its not long enough. Also ive tried a 90 with 300mm legs each side, and its too long, but also hits the driveshaft, on vibrations its very close, almost resting on it, how do your 90s avoid this?

Right now, im using a 45 degree from the 90 silicon off turbo, it brings it along the side of the oil pan, under the aux belt

Edited by FromTheDarkness

I was just meaning it had so much length of pipe after the 90° bend. Like you say 150mm leg and 300mm leg.

I can get you any size pipe you want, with any bend angle and size legs on each and proper ends putting on.

If I was you, get the 300mm and just cut it down?

I was just meaning it had so much length of pipe after the 90° bend. Like you say 150mm leg and 300mm leg.

I can get you any size pipe you want, with any bend angle and size legs on each and proper ends putting on.

If I was you, get the 300mm and just cut it down?

Yes i can but then i loose the swagged end and it will blow off ... i dont have access to welding gear to created a edge :(

steel, only 1 pipe. but regardless, ive had the 90 pipe in i would say its about 20mm too long, as i can push a whole lot of the pipe up the 90 silicon legs, however i dont see how it can work without bashing the drive shaft on vibrations, it was 1 - 2 mm off the drive shaft.

here are some paint pics lol

http://postimg.org/image/fdt3tkd1d/

http://postimg.org/image/itl834a9t/

Im not a 3 year old ... just can use paint alright !! lol

Not much you can do with them alloy ones, metal is poor at that. Do the job intended but don't like being messed with.

Are you still on a standard turbo, might need clocking slightly to avoid the driveshaft, it's quite common when people are fitting different turbos and boost pipes.

Not much you can do with them alloy ones, metal is poor at that. Do the job intended but don't like being messed with.

Are you still on a standard turbo, might need clocking slightly to avoid the driveshaft, it's quite common when people are fitting different turbos and boost pipes.

I dont even know what clocking is ..

Tomorrow im going to cut the 90 then double t clamp it and hope for the best, It works with the 45 degree pipe, just its right on the edge both ends, so have ordered the cuplins, if the 90 blows off after cutting, i will resort to this, any advise on cutting this 90, i dont have a angle grinder, will hack saw do it? 

That what I used.

Ok so the plan is leave the vertical at 300mm and chop the other end, this should bring it away from the drive shaft a mm or so, use hair spray, and 3x clips, and fingers crossed it lasts, i will be leaving a 10mm socket for the clips in the car for the next few months lol.

i used 1 mikalor and one normal, But i there are only 2 availble sizes one could do to be smaller 60 -63, and the next one you cant fit over the silicon 58 -60, so mikalor may well be the best, but if you cant tighten them enough there not lol. could do with 58 -64. So ive used a 50-70 normal clip next to the 60-63 mikalor, just been on motorway its ok, im going to nip to halfrauds and get some metal tie wraps, to pull the tubing away from the driveshaft, its hitting it :(

No idea what turbo, im guessing standard but who knows...

Anyways the 90 degree setup >< i ended up with a inch hole in the tube via the drive shaft, there was no noise while it was grinding away ...

so onto the second build of the day: the bit of tube cut off is now acting as a coupling, as the 45 degree pipe fit but was short, hey presto.. 

http://postimg.org/image/tatytccu1/

I amaze myself with my paint skills ..

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpg

Apart from that has 45° at one end and 90° at the other, imagine both are 90°

What leg length is your 90° pipe after cutting it down?

I want to order a 90° ally pipe with 300mm leg length either side, chop it down and put a swage back on it whilst at work. (I won't be fitting the pipework at work so would like the pipe prepped before hand).

Also what intercooler does your 45° silicone hose couple upto? Without jacking my car up i'm not sure what silicone bend I need to couple upto my forge fmic.

Cheers.