Servicing and warranty

Hi, I've owened my 14 plate rapid sport since August last year. When I bought it the dealer told me I could have a normal service after 12 months or a major service after 24 to keep it in warranty.

As the car is now a year old, I'm slightly concerned I may have just missed out on the frst service to keep the warranty if what the dealer told me is incorrect. Any help or advice would be appreciated on when and what type of service I need to get done to make sure the warranty is ok.

Thanks in advance

Best thing to do surely is to ring the dealer and ask them directly?

Yes that's the obvious thing to do but I only realised yesterday that I might have an issue and they were shut, with it being Easter Sunday, and I can't get hold of them today. I was just hoping someone on here might be able to help put my mind at ease.

There are two service options for the car:

1) Annual/10,000 mile (whichever comes first) suitable for those who city drive/do low mileage or who do not drive every day.

2) Variable (up to 18,500 miles/2 years, with the service indicator responding to the use detected by the engine sensors - more suitable for people who do high mileage, mostly motorway)

The service indicator on your Maxidot display will tell you which service schedule you are on and how far off your service point you are.

That said, regardless of whether you are a Motorway muncher or a low mileage driver, servicing the car every year or 10,000 miles (whichever comes first) will always be the better option. If you have had the car a year, stop thinking about it and just go get it done.

Yes, Mark is absolutely correct. EU block exemption rules mean you are not forced to use a min dealer, about the only useful thing the EU has done other than capping roaming charges. However, missing service points or servicing late won't help you come selling time. Also, if you have a turbo car, old oil won't do your turbo any good at all, which is another reason for prompt, regular servicing.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Cheers fellas, I will get it done, just had lots going on and was hoping I could wait a week or so. I was just worried that I might have invalidated the warranty if it had been slightly over a year, I assumed it had to be done at a main dealer at set times for the warranty to be valid.

I suspect the OP bought an ex-demonstrator. If so, all the more reason to give it a good first service give the abuse demonstrator cars ensure before being sold.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.