Taking the Spaceback Plunge!

So i think after lots of looking (and questions on here!) i am going to buy one of the Motorpoint ex Thrify cars tomorrow.

This is for a first family car with enough space for pram and golf clubs!

For 10k and a decent trade in on our little Picanto i think a 14 plate, VAG diesel with panoramic sunroof and SE spec is pretty good!... Certainly nothing else around at that kind of value...

Compromises... Well i ideally wanted a DAB radio and Sat Nav which I am not going to have in the car but I may well look at retrofitting an Columbus or similar going forward!

Now the only choice is Red or White!............

Do it! You won't look back. It's a great motor.

I have the Amundsen and it's nice but not great esp the satnav. It doesn't like to recalculate your route if you choose a different path.

Dab is nice, but I'm not the biggest fan of radio anyway so as long as I have my BT audio I'm set.

Roof is well worth it. Doesn't really benefit you as the driver though. You can't see it from the front to much.

I love mine after nearly a month and 1300 miles.

Cheers both - The one we are looking at is red ...

I do like the DAB for listening to 5Live without the crackle but its £200 to put the RCD310 DAB from the VW if needed!....

Both colours look great, like them both and would be happy with either, but choosing between the two - red would be my preference.

Being an ex-hire car - go over it with a fine tooth comb before you sign anything & invest in your own AA or RAC inspection. It'll probably be fine, but do remember that people abuse hire cars unmercifully - so don't get stuck with a car with a half knackered clutch or gear box, or a ragged turbo. This is partly why hire car companies turn cars over so quickly.

• Like 1

So we have now had the Spaceback since Saturday with the mrs driving it more than me.  Motorpoint were good to deal with - the car requires a service as the display warned so they are having it in tomorrow for a full service and said if there was anything in the 5 days since having it which needed sorting they would (there isnt).

wifes colleagues have all commented on how good it looks and like a smarter Audi A3.  The quality of the finish inside is good and the panoramic roof and 17inch wheels make it look that bit sportier. 

drove 60 miles to football on the motorway on saturday evening - on the way being tame and keeping it at 70 - average mpg 64.3.

On the way home opened her up and was showing 58.9 mpg. Very impressive.