See you lads

Here's a picture of the Mondeo

IMG-20150302-WA0010_zpsqembjkwb.jpg

Had skoda 8 months and just fancied a change and already had the mondeo as I purchased it for my brother a few months ago.

Also this is a zetec model not the highest but I belive 3rd spec down and has some nice toys

Electric seats sat nav heated front screen.

just saving up untill I can find a keeper, and that keeper will be spec'd out.

Still searching yet.

Edited by DanialA11

Mondeo is much more spacious then octavia also has a bigger fuel tank (is that a good thing :/) 6 speed silky smooth box.

Personally I'm loving it atm but deep down I hate fords and vauxhall and Renault and a few others, so that's one of the reasons this will only be a work horse.

I recently made the jump from an Octavia to Mondeo so may be able to give you some ideas about what to expect.

What's good about the Mondeo: 

It's very spacious - the Octavia is big, but the Mondeo is the next class up. Lots of room.

The handling is better - the Octavia had decent handling but the Mondeo is noticeably better. The steering is lighter but has much improved feel.

It's more refined - road and wind noise is much reduced

It's better equipped - my Octavia (a 57 plate vRS) was great but lacking boys toys. My Mondeo has almost everything: cruise control, auto lights and wipers, heated and cooled seats, DAB etc. And it has steering wheel mounted controls! Didn't realise how much I missed them.

What do I miss about the Octavia?

It was smaller and had a much better turning circle

It was much faster (well, it was a remapped petrol vRS whereas my Mondeo is a diesel!)

It was a Skoda - I liked being a bit different and owning an underrated car

I never got called 'Mondeo Man' when driving it

Briskoda is MILES better than any Ford forum I've found.

Am I glad I made the change? Yes. Most of the time! I really miss the speed of my Octavia but know that the diesel Mondeo makes more sense. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be looking at a Mk3 vRS when I come to change next time!

No doubt hands down briskoda is by far more active then talk ford

And on the ford forum u don't even get a notification that someone has replied to your post -.-

As for speed my mondeo is stage 1 re mapped where as my skoda was only a stock 1.9 105 bhp

Also the talk ford app has almost no infomation on retrofits compared to briskoda

Absolutely right. I've spent quite a lot of time on there and haven't really learnt a whole lot. I guess that a lot of Mondeo's are company cars so they're not 'chosen' by their owners. Still, the Mondeo is a really decent car. The stereo completely embarrasses Skoda's efforts - it really is awesome.