Picked up my Fabia III

Just got my white estate - SE TSI 1.2 90ps. Decided that 90ps was adequate for me after a test drive and I don't want a diesel because my driving would soon mess up the DPF. Slightly annoyed that I will now have to buy some floor mats which were standard on my old Roomster.

• Like 2

Now got floor mats from ASDA - £6 for a set of four non-rubber. Can't be bad eh?, and at that price if they have had it in 3 or 4 years, just go and get some more. Another comment: Can't be doing with their fuel saving button which you have to press if the engine stops in a traffic queue after a while. Have decided to leave it on unless I have to stop for anay length of time, in which case I would turn the engine off anyway as I have always done.

Have been reading elsewhere about some individuals who are not happy with the performance of the 1.2 turbo engine - expecting it to go like stink when wanting to overtake or the like on a motorway. Well it is not a "hot hatch" and never probably never will be so if you have a need for such a vehicle (which I don't) then go and buy one rather than grizzle about a car which is not supposed to be one.

• Like 3

You cant leave the eco-button on, have to activate the cancelling function at every new start.

Overtaking doesnt stink but you will have to step down one gear and rev it.

Maybe not to recommend during braking in period.

So, at last.

Picked up the fabFab yesterday. Really havent had any time to drive just a moment to try to learn the car. Many gadgets from the "infotainment" system to learn . Ill probably not use even a fraction och them... :sun:

Okay, Moon White estate, 6 speed manual, 110 hp 1,2 TSI;

Standard features are:

-maxi dot

-hill hold

-light assistant

-heated sprinler nozzles

-heated front seats

-electrical windows all the way round

-easy start

-AC

-front assist

and a few more

chosen options are

-climatronic

-sunset

-tow ball

-parking sensors fore and aft

-alloy wheels black Beam

-rain-light assistant

-foglights with curve-assist

-the famous Bolero infotainment. (Ravel is spinning in his grave)

-the complete sport package

-winter wheels on Carme alloy

-electrical motor- and cabin heater

-alarm

Completion manuals says smartgate and that other thing are included and working as well. Well see...

Really nice car and plenty of added options! 

..Skoda have put your steering on the wrong side of the car though.. :D

..Skoda have put your steering on the wrong side of the car though.. :D

Uhm, we can have a rant about that! :)

- but you cant have it all at £13.000, of course :P

• Like 1