could do with a few wise words

I've been browsing around the idea of getting a fabia vrs , I've recently seen one with 138k with 8 service stamps and a recent cambelt and water pump change for 2700 , or one with 101k and a recent cbelt change for 2995 , just wondering what the crack is with them

Be really careful and take your time looking for one. If your mechaniclly minded you will know what to look for. If not check most of briskoda forum for what to look for.

I regret not getting the vrs.instead went for the cheaper pd 100. If your budget can stretch too 3/ 3500 then you can find great car. Imo

As said above search the forum on common problems so your clued up on what to look for.

On the whole there a reliable car, turbos can be suspect and the rear doors can leak (easy, cheap fix)

I've had mine 6-7 years and the only thing I've had to replace is the turbo and a wheel bearing

Just bought a 55 plate Vrs with 38k and FSH for £5k. Some squeaky bushes on it but the engine, clutch and 'box are mint. 1.9 pd engines are as reliable as a hammer IMO and I've had 4 of them, 2 of which were over 155k when I sold them. Still pulled like a train, produced zero smoke and used no oil at all. Top motors.