Bargain or not? Miltek

Not sure how It escaped your lots beady eyes but I managed to win a brand new Miltek Resonated Cat Back Stainless system off ebay for the grand some of £232.

I Think that's a bargain not sure what they retail for but I was guessing about £600.

The guy just listed it as and I quote "Exhaust for Octavia VRS" which I think saved me from a bidding war with Brisky members. Lucky for me he took a picture of the Miltek Picking list that showed the part numbers so I was able to check online they were compatible with the 2.0 tfsi. Result!

I half expected to get their and it be used and cleaned up or a copy but its never been fitted and has the proper metal plates with etched Miltek serial numbers.

Just need a cheap sports cat now.

$_57.JPG

• Like 3

Ah, you won it then! I thought someone would boast about it?, I'd bid on it too but been spending too much on the car of recent so I only put a bid of £212 on it otherwise I would have gone to £350. What did you put as your max bid out of interest?

And yeah, huge bargain and a right daft way to list it as it should have gone for way more.

Good buy though mate, I'm not jealous in the slightest.... :)

• Like 1

Ah, you won it then! I thought someone would boast about it?, I'd bid on it too but been spending too much on the car of recent so I only put a bid of £212 on it otherwise I would have gone to £350. What did you put as your max bid out of interest?

And yeah, huge bargain and a right daft way to list it as it should have gone for way more.

Good buy though mate, I'm not jealous in the slightest.... :)

I feel really guilty now sorry, and to rub salt in the wounds my max bid was £250 and my bum was twitching when I saw it go to £212 LOL.

Ah, damn you! Lol

It was my day off and had my 1year old on my knee feeding her with the in laws chatting to me whilst holding my phone hitting the last bid at 8 seconds to go. I'd put £262 then knocked it back to £212 before I finalised it as I've spent over £1k on the car over the past couple of months but that was just a billy bargain.

Top bidding though mate and enjoy it.

I picked up a sport cat on eBay for £200, more bargains to be had on there mate.

Cheers,

Cal

Ah, damn you! Lol

It was my day off and had my 1year old on my knee feeding her with the in laws chatting to me whilst holding my phone hitting the last bid at 8 seconds to go. I'd put £262 then knocked it back to £212 before I finalised it as I've spent over £1k on the car over the past couple of months but that was just a billy bargain.

Top bidding though mate and enjoy it.

I picked up a sport cat on eBay for £200, more bargains to be had on there mate.

Cheers,

Cal

I was in a similar predicament at work had people calling me on the phone I was getting the receptionist to divert my calls the internet was playing up so taking ages to refresh the page and my collegues knew I was upto something and trying to concentrate so where doing everything they could to distract me. lol

I know that I have no right to ask seeing as ruined your bidding but can you please post the link to the cat for future reference.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-MK5-GTI-2-0-FSI-TURBO-200CPI-3-SPORTS-CAT-EXHAUST-PIPE-/230865921656?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35c0ae6678

I took a punt on one that went for £200 on auction and made it fit. I have a 2010 tsi vrs and the sport cat fits the flange with no messing around. Oddly I was expecting to need to drill the flange holes out as the pre fl and fl have a similar flange but fortunately this sport cat fits straight on. Miltek use a flange that accommodates both bolt holes, as does the new OE gasket I purchased to fit it.

The only problem faced on my car was adapting it to fit the OE mid section/back box as the cat section travels more than half the length of the car in a 3" section then steps down to the OE size, we just had to cut the OE mid section down part way up to marry it up, used a new OE clamp sleeve, bobs your uncle, fannies your aunt, instantly pulls much better.

It looks like a rip off of the miltek cat, so with a different sleeve size cut and welded or clamped on you should be laughing to your new system.

Cat lined up to my spare turbo:

image.jpg1_zpsdyfkwphq.jpg

image.jpg2_zpscuagp1bi.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsxp43k4vi.jpg

Where it flares down to OE clamp:

image.jpg1_zpsu2wn4onp.jpg

3" at the flange:

image.jpg1_zpsjv66buyl.jpg

3" after sport cat:

image.jpg2_zps5m75y6tb.jpg

3" into second section:

image.jpg1_zpsvuy4vehw.jpg

OE size outlet:

image.jpg2_zps0omveauf.jpg

On the car, note the lambda is on opposite side but the wire has enough in it to locate there:

image.jpg1_zpsswcthwfi.jpg

As I said, you can fit it to the OE system, the miltek may need a reducer cutting in on the 3" section to step down to the 2.75" that your cat back prob is but I'm only guessing at that.

Hope this helps,

Cal

I thought it was too good to be true. :sweat:

After getting the car up on the ramp at work it looks like I'm missing a straight length of tube from the cat.

On my car after the Cat there a double clamp sleeve to another long thin tubular Can or silencer before the pipe bends off and

goes around the rear axle towards the Back box I think the bit of pipe I need is Ø60 so I should be able

to get some from work but does any one know what the typical wall thickness of the pipe should be.

I think its this bit that I need MSSK07 (straight piece on the right)

MilltekOctaviaVRS2.0TFSiCatBackResonated

Looks like it has a tapered spliced joint on top end, would a straight piece of tube be ok?

I spotted that on the eBay advert and mailed them at the beginning of the auction, they confirmed they didn't have it. Didn't bother me as the sport cat runs the length to the resonated section you have and if you bought a miltek sport cat you don't need that length either. Your oe cat pipe size is 2.5" or 63mm in New money, the miltek should be 2.75" or 70mm metric, I think the adapter you have with the kit is the step down from 70-63mm so all you should need is a length of 70mm about a foot and a half long.

Or what I should have said is, nope it won't for but I tell you what as a favour I'll give you £250 for it!' :-)

Haha nice try, I work for a Steel Tube fabrication manufacturer believe it or not we work mainly with mild steel but I can get stainless from our suppliers. Trouble is its thick stuff normally 3mm wall or greater which will cause an internal step in the pipe restricting the flow and probably lose power. I think that exhausts are typically only 1.5mm wall thickness so im trying to get a metre or so sample F.O.C :D

The only thing im unsure about is that after the cat I expected there to be a flange plate however it just joins to the next silencer with a tube clamp which I haven't removed but just seems to be just two pipes butted together. I'll need to get a double width sleeve tube clamp as well because the existing one directly after the CAT is about rusted through.

All sorted, I had the reducer welded directly to a 70mm dia. Tube about 630mm long and then it all bolted up fine. Its very quiet, I know its resonated but I expected a bit of noise when I give it some welly. Never the less im over the moon with the results.

Indicated avg miles fuel economy seamed a bit better today on my normal comute 33mpg instead of 30. Feels a bit sharper too but that could be placebo effect. Remap and coilovers next :-)

sorry it was already down off the ramp before I got to see it otherwise I would have taken a pic. It just looks like the roadrunner pictures above though (but assembled)