fitting bushes

vzo25

Morning you nice people

Im going to purchase some of the meyle console bushes later. They didnt say if they come with any grease

So what grease/lube did you use

I have copper grease is it ok to use normal washing up liquid?

Thanks adam

A quick Google would bring up this very good guide ;)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/92625-fabia-wishbone-bush-replacement-diy-guide/

IIRC you don't need the tool when fitting after-market bushes only when fitting the original or cupra ones that have the metal shell. As for grease I've always used a little copper grease on the power flex style bushes to prevent creaking and never had issues. 

IIRC you don't need the tool when fitting after-market bushes only when fitting the original or cupra ones that have the metal shell. As for grease I've always used a little copper grease on the power flex style bushes to prevent creaking and never had issues. 

You definitely need the tool to fit Meyle ones. I pulled the bushes into the console dry as I didn't want any risk whatsoever of them turning in the housing when in use. You also need a ratchet strap to pull the hexagon wishbone stub into the new bush. A bit of washing-up liquid really helps with that as it's extremely slippery stuff.

I knocked up my own puller.

SS857848.jpg

You definitely need the tool to fit Meyle ones. I pulled the bushes into the console dry as I didn't want any risk whatsoever of them turning in the housing when in use. You also need a ratchet strap to pull the hexagon wishbone stub into the new bush. A bit of washing-up liquid really helps with that as it's extremely slippery stuff.

I knocked up my own puller.

SS857848.jpg

Was gona start doing the job today.but did more research and realised i hadnt got the tools required. Glad i never started it

Might have to whip something like this up from work. Oh cheers for notice on diagram. The bushes havent come with that fitting info

You don't need a removal tool to get the old ones out if they're just the plastic shell ones. I used a bit of heat from a blowtorch on the bush housing which softened the plastic enough to get them out with a screwdriver.