Canbus yes or no

I'm just about to take delivery of a 1.6 TDI SE manual transmission. Can anyone tell me if it has a Canbus and if so where it is located. To be frank I don't really no what one is so will probably spend the day finding out. Any help much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canbus is just the method by which all the cars computers talk to each other.

There is a central gateway that links everything together.

And yes Canbus has been in use since the MK2 Octavia came out so the MK3 definitely has canbus. I also think it uses fibre optics.

Phil

Canbus is the term used to describe the system by which the various control modules of the car communicate. In short, yes your car employs this system. The odb2 port used to connect an external computer to the system is situated in the drivers side footwell

Snet with speeling mistkaes from my phoen

Many thanks for the replies and forgive my ignorance but where is it located? I have to have a taxi meter fitted for a pulse reading?

CANBUS is a Bosch multiplexed data transmission network. Oddly, in a weird reverse normality, it got adopted by a large commercial aircraft manufacturer for a troubled airliner project (aircraft OEM's usually develop or use other industry standards) for a part of the data network, where it became known as the 'can't bus'. Seems to work fine in cars though.

The ODB connector is normally under the dash just to the right of the steering column - I assume your taxi meter uses a standard ODB connector

Thanks for the replies yes it does use a std ODB connector.

Now I understand the terminology I realise my post 5

had already answered. Apologies to GregK and thanks for all the replies. I think this car is going to be a steep learning curve.