lack of power when pulling away in first gear or when putting foot down

Hi, please have patience if this has been posted before, I have searched with no answers.

Fairly recently my Octavia VRS will just lag power for no reason but keeps going. But now it starts first time even when very cold, reverses off the drive no problem as soon as I start to pull away in 1st gear it won't do anything, it's still ticking over just no power to go. It will do this when it's cold or if it's been run for a bit. Have got a fault code for faulty temperature sensor but nothing else. I have left it idling for some time to see if it rights itself but only way to fix is turn engine off and back on again. It's annoying when overtaking!

Hi and welcome. When you say no power is it driveable? Sounds like limp mode or the kind of running issue that can indeed by caused by a failing coolant temp sensor believe it or not, causes all kinds of problems, replace with genuine only.

Often with limp mode you get a pretty general code (17705 iirc) and have to chase a problem round the car, yours has been quite specific so I'd start with that. CTS had caused similar issues for a few people on here.

• Like 1

Hmmm, it's a funny as these symptoms are also indicative of other things. You could also try a short run with MAF unplugged, and a short run with N75 unplugged just to rule them out before buying CTS. Unplugging those will give a base level and if runs ok (unplugged n75 will still be low boost, but could be smoother) then there's faults with those. Ecu says sensor and I'd go for that but this check is free and would be good to rule out.

• Like 1

Thankyou, I will try the MAF and the N75 first, seems sensible, can I just ask, why genuine VAG part only?

Because they work straight away and last longer than a month ;)

• Like 1

Thankyou, I will try the MAF and the N75 first, seems sensible, can I just ask, why genuine VAG part only?

Why mess trying different things when you have a code for the temp sensor. I knew it would be temp sensor related before you even said it lol.

Genuine vag is recommended but i had the £18 job from gsf with no issues

• Like 1