citigo/fabia timing belt or chains

troggles

with currently owning a l200 know how important timing belts are I had one fail, it had been to dealer for it all to be changed but 3 year down line it snapped looked like they had just changed one belt not all, but couldn't prove it, yet was charged for them all, luckily no huge damage but plenty of stress in meantime waiting for it to be fixed. Never want to go back to a dealer.

so are the above on chains or belts and how many miles/years do they need doing.

what other big services should I factor in or check for in a used car.

all advice greatly appreciated

• 1 month later...

Hi toggles.

All depends how often you service your car to be fair.

I normally change the oil every 10k miles.

Check the brakes to see if they are worn out. The wiper blades & air filter.

Just the usual stuff.

Get genuine parts from TPS and just pay a local garage just for the labour so he doesn't gave to worry about the parts. Will give you peace of mind to that the parts are genuine and not made by A third party.

In relation to the belt I normally change them every 60k. Some say 80k but you can't be to sure about these things. If they go you've had it.

Hope that's useful for ya.

Gaz

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...