RNS 315 map updates

skippy,

I purchased this for my mediasystem 2.1 (SEAT RNS-315) from ebay a few weeks ago

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321594348619?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I went from V1 to V7. Pricey for what is, in effect, a one shot deal. Only upgrades the maps, still 5 digit postcodes post upgrade.

Upgrade went fine though took a good while

Have replied here as this may be of interest to others searching for the same thing.

Cheers,

Graham

• 4 weeks later...

skippy,

I purchased this for my mediasystem 2.1 (SEAT RNS-315) from ebay a few weeks ago

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321594348619?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I went from V1 to V7. Pricey for what is, in effect, a one shot deal. Only upgrades the maps, still 5 digit postcodes post upgrade.

Upgrade went fine though took a good while

Have replied here as this may be of interest to others searching for the same thing.

Cheers,

Graham

Hi mate. I'm watching the same maps at the mo for my Admundsen+ I wasnt sure if these would work as says VW but obviously worked well on your seat system. As my current maps are installed on the 4gb hardrive of the unit, do you have to install new ones to hardrive or could you just plug the card in? Cheers

Hey dude,

My SEAT one is fitted into a FL 2011 Octavia VRs Estate

Y, it came in a dvd sized case emblazoned with VW symbols and worked absolutely fine. I installed direct to the HD,  I live life on the edge innit.

Post install, the splash screen still said SEAT, not VW (i.e no change that I could see)

I do think that you may be able to Nav off the SD card if you wanted. From the SEAT Media system 2.2 manual - which is just a SEAT branded RNS-315 / Amudsen+

Navigation from the SD card
If certain navigation data is to be used only temporarily, for example a
change of geographical zone, we recommend you use the option to navigate with the SD card, rather than using the internal data stored in the navigator.

To switch on navigation from the SD card, insert the card in the radio and

navigation unit.

Please note that any active route guidance will be cancelled
when the SD card is inserted. If the memory card inserted contains valid
navigation data, a new window will open and will ask whether you wish to
download the data from the SD card to the system, or whether you prefer to
use the SD card directly.

Press the function button Use SD to start the process. Next, the navigation
data stored on the SD card is verified. During this process, do NOT remove
the SD card. This could damage the card.

When the verification procedure has ended, the SD card symbol is displayed in the upper left-hand corner of the navigator screen.

It is now possible to use the data from the SD card to calculate navigation routes.
To stop using the data from the SD card, the card must be removed correctly 
from the radio and navigation unit. Do not remove the card immediately,
this could result in damage. To remove the SD card correctly, proceed as follows:

Press the SETUP key on the radio and navigation system.
Press the function button Navigation database
Press the function button Remove SD card .
Wait until the system indicates that the SD card can be removed and
then remove it.

Obviously, as with everything else, YMMV, hope that helps

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

i saw this too, i can get v6 for about 70 quid or v7 for 150, im not super fussed at the map updates as im sure there wont be a huge different in the two, (im running v4) i very much want the onscreen speed limit warnings but unsure if this is on v6 or v7, im tempted just to buy the v6 

Yea think I'm going to go with v6 myself. Still going to be a massive update for me and decent price really.

Just got back from Scotland and Had a weird issue with my nav whilst up there. For some reason it wouldn't pick up Inverness! Wouldn't let me enter it as town in UK or wouldn't accept any postcode YET it picked up all other villages and other towns in the surrounding areas no problems. Very strange :-0

• 3 weeks later...

so i updated to v6 today, took about 90 mins to do, whats annoyed me is theres no option to enable speed limits on the screen so im now thinking this is a firmware issue, but for the life of me i cannot find any links online to update the firmware which seems really odd!

• 8 years later...