Rust on sill

Noticed I have got rust on my passenger sill. The laquer around the rust is still in tact and not broken. Some people are telling me too sell the car which seems a bit extreme. Is it a big job? Can it be done under a skoda corrosion warranty? Cheers peeps

post-129280-0-19348500-1431272730_thumb.jpg

Is car less than 10 years old?

Have you got under the car and checked underneath ? Its hard to tell off the picture as to the severity. It might just be surface rust, or it maybe that all the under floor is corroded. You might get a indication at the next M.O.T. 

It was first registered on 09/09/2005. I haven't looked under the car but will go have a look now and try get some pics. It's not broken the laquer on the sill so I think it's from inside to outside

Contact your nearest Skoda dealer and book an appointment to have it checked and photographed, they will also run a magnet over to check for filler or previous damage. If you are going to book it in give your car a full once over and write down any bubling, check where the back bumper meets the quarter panel and also check for any galv spots. Get it all done under your 10 year warranty before it is too late. I got mine done last year, both quarter panels, sills and a new tailgate done all under warranty.