Fuel moving

On quite a few occasions now when braking you can here the fuel sloshing around in the tank. Does anyone else get this or found a way to quiten it down seems to be noisier when full than empty.

Yes I have too and it drives me crazy. Also I've noticed you hear it when the tank is full down to when the needle gets to the point between the 3/4 and 1/2 if that's makes sense and after that you can no longer hear it

Edited by Gallo

Maybe but I would have never expected it in a car as expensive as ours and also a car which is basically a vw, which is ironic because I think this very issue is because they must have used the same design/materials as vw, because if you do a quick search online the new vw golfs have the same issue.

Tank slush is a problem Many car manufacturers suffer from , including very expensive models. The solution is getting the right baffles in place, but even then it's still difficult to eliminate

• Like 1

A certain British off road vehicle company have the same problem and use a big foam block with some retainers to stop the noise

hi.. i too have noticed this, its very annoying, if i fill half tank its not too bad but on 3/4 to full its sounds like somethings loose in the boot,

Well, in order to make maximum use of internal space the fuel tank is a long flat tank just under the floor.

I am aware of fuel sloshing just after a refill and for the first 100 km or so.

Me. I'll take the extra space the Octavia gives me and turn the radio on and even up a notch if necessary.

Perhaps this is one of those "is your tank half full or half empty" type threads that says more about the person than the car?

• Like 1

I find if you stir the gear box enough to keep the revs in the 3-4k range little noise appears to interfer, no boom, slosh, rattles or shakes although, deeper potholes do still create the odd thumping noise however, I do feel them more than hear them must be that torsion rear suspension setup.

Perhaps I should have been a little clearer with the post for me I only hear the sound when braking and coming to a complete standstill. Personally for me it's not an issue I just wondered if any one else had noticed it and had managed to quieten it down. I mainly had passengers in mind when posting.