Aftermarket door speakers

Im looking to replace my front door speakers as the passenger one rattles a bit, are there any aftermarket ones that are a direct fit? If not what will i need? Any recommendations appreciated, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about direct fit speakers, but if you want aftermarket speakers then you have a few options.

Firstly you can fit 6.5" speakers in there but you'll need to purchase either plastic speaker adapters or some 6.5" mdf rings. The latter being the better for sound quality.;

Don't buy any that are deeper than 62mm, I have Mel Tempo 6's and they are 62mm, I used 2x MDF speaker rings per side and they just fitted in due to the window regulator bar being in behind the speaker and the door card.

Speaker choice is a personal preference so you can buy whatever speaker that suits your budget or listening requirements. The best place for info especially if you want the best sound quality you can afford would be to head over to the Talk Audio Forum as there are guy's with a lot of knowledge and experience on there.

Are you planning to Amp them or just run them off the head unit? Again if your looking for sound quality then the quality of the installation will effect that massively aka Sound deadening ect.

Just a few tips, i'm no expert but I have managed to fit a fairly decent sound system for not a lot of money.

I have Rainbow Audio components in mine, installed by the guys at Source Sounds. They're excellent and were £150 if I remember correctly. I've read on here of folks installing Alpine and Focal items too so no doubt there are a number of options available.

Not that I've seen on here. Maybe wander talkaudio's way?

There was a guy by the name of David or something who done a proper nice install in a Fabia. Very nice install with a lot of moneys worth of gear.

Here it is :)http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/ipb/index.php/topic/324473-sonic-frontiers-sonic-bliss-fabia/?hl=%20fabia%20%20vrs%20%20david

Way beyond my budget the quality is very, very good, would've loved to have heard it in person.

• Like 1

already a member :p

still wondring if polo pillars will fit... they have tweeters built in...

Edited by SkUG