Replacing the Instrument panel

Took test drive in 2011 superb and noticed a flicker in the illumination lights for the instrument cluster. 110K and FSH so not worried about it being clocked.

Dealer said he will get it fixed but after lots of calls it turns out he has had to replace the instrument cluster and has it down at the maindealer to get the new panel recoded.

My question is ,  is there any other side effects of having the panel replaced that I should check before paying for the car?  

Check he has done the job properly. I had a faulty fog light coming on and dealer quoted £1200 for new panel. Luckily car was still under warranty so Skoda repaired. seller might try to avoid paying full cost of replacement with repair. Noticed since new replacement the MFD has a slight pink tinge to it.

Check that all electrics work, including ICE, trip computers, built-in sat nav...

Also have another test drive and listen for facia creaks that you didn't notice before.

Cheers folks.

Hearing that this could cost north of £1000 to fix then I'm glad I spotted it before handing over the dosh.

Can't see that the dealer has made much out of this car then but that's not my concern :)

I have a couple of the LEDs in the backlight on the speedometer out at the moment. The frustrating thing is the cluster is very easy to take out and dismantle - less than 10 minutes work, right to the point where you have to remove the needles from the motor shafts to get to the bare PCB. They won't come off with any force I'm willing to apply, so I'll have to live with a dim backlight on the speedometer until I find out how to remove the needles :(.