4x4 suspension

Would like to know what you can use in terms of springs/dampers etc. I've read that adjustable tie rods are required when car is lowered, but is there an acceptable point (e.g 20/30mm) before you need to fit these? Having waded through countless ads for suspension kits, what few mention Skoda don't appear to apply to 4x4. Is there a compatable VAG platform, for example Audi S3 ?

Yes H&R do them for the 4X4 but I do believe that we have looked in to this and there is not much of a choice.

Sarah

Thanks for everyone replies, what grabbed my attention was the Weitec range. The ad says they're a brand of KW and they offer suspension kits for Audi S3 quattro/ Golf 4motion and as they're reasonably priced I was naturally curiuos if they'd fit our 4x4's.

Thanks for everyone replies, what grabbed my attention was the Weitec range. The ad says they're a brand of KW and they offer suspension kits for Audi S3 quattro/ Golf 4motion and as they're reasonably priced I was naturally curiuos if they'd fit our 4x4's.

They'll 'fit' as in you can put them on the car but the spring rate will be totally wrong, especially at the rear so the car won't sit right and will handle poorly.

They'll 'fit' as in you can put them on the car but the spring rate will be totally wrong, especially at the rear so the car won't sit right and will handle poorly.
Thanks for that Eddy, thought I was on to something for a moment.

Recaro are the UK importers for KW, If the Weitec range is by KW they might be able to help to see if some can be made with the right spring rating for a 4x4 Octy

Tel 01962 484111, James or Neil Foster

If they cant help call KW direct +49 7971 9630215. Michael Grassl or Oliver can both give you the definative answers & they both speak excellent English.

KW are small enough to be able to make specials without too much hassle & have a good attitude towards customer relations

Stuart