front lower arm bushes

Anyone got any experience in chaging the bushes in the lower suspension arms? Is it easy/hard or just a dam pain in the chuff??? Ive heard bushes are not the easiest thing to pop out and pop new in so to speak :) any advice or tips would be great :) :) cheers

The bushes are no bad to do, you will need either a press on a bench with a vice on it, remove the arm from car then either press it out as the bush is Ally on outside or prob what i wld do is grip the arm in vice and get a small chisel or old screwdriver and hamer it inbetween bush itself and arm to get it moving,once its moving its shooty in. Then clean up whare bush goes with 4 grit or sumthn similar and chap/press new bush in. If its realy tight iv seen myself grinding jst a tiny bit off bush and it goes in a trea.

• Like 1

Just in case you havent done this yet I would like to add a bit of advice to Richs instructions that may save you a couple of hours!!....When removing the bottom arm DO NOT attempt to undo the nut on top of the balljoint as there is not enough clearance to get it off with the drive shaft in place. Undo the three small blolts that hold the arm to the bottom ball joint BUT give them a good squirt up with decent penertrating fluid about an hour before you start as they often get rusted in because all they screw into are encapsulated nuts on a thin plate and when they shear off of the plate they are a pain as spanners wont go on them!!