Resurrecting air con in a 04 vrs

Hi:)

I have an 04 vrs, the air con button lights up but there is no cold air coming out whatsoever. Now the weather's getting warmer I'd like to get the air conditioning working if poss.

Are there any checks I can do to see if the system is serviceable? Or is my best option to try and get it regassed and see if I get lucky?

Does everyone else's ac work fine, or is it a common fault in this age of car?

Apologies if the questions are a bit vague :-/

Your aircon probably needs regassing. Its so low that pump isnt doing its job.

You can buy kits BUT best thing to do is get it done by a garage who will plug it in.they will do tests to check for leaks. And then top it up. Mine cost 29 few weeks back. Obly took him 20-30mins.

While it might need regassing, I believe you probably have a hardware fault.

My compressor failed a few years back - easy way to check if the compressor has failed is to see if the plastic/rubber part (item 1 in image) on the pulley wheel rotates freely independently of the pulley wheel, if it does then you need a new compressor.

ek7m.png

Edited by Chris Berry

• 2 months later...

I checked my compressor following this thread and sadly for me, its the compressor shaft that sheared! Gutted.

How did you check your compressor shaft?? Did u take the compressor off ??