Seat airbag light delete resistor.

NZ100

Should be able to code out the side airbags in the airbag control unit.

Would this affect the other airbags ? For MOT airbag light must come on, then go off, on ignition.

Thanks "Tech". "Devon" if you manage to clear with VCDS let me know. Also something that came up at the bottom of the page, is a post in the Superb site. Its under, "Air Bag light on --- Resistor advice needed", don't know how to do link. This is very good if VCDS doesn't work. Two answers better than one. This is just what I was looking for. Just need to know what OHM size is needed for Roomster, 2.2 or 3.5 ?

• 4 years later...

Hi,

3.3 Ohm (my Roomster)

I bought one of those selections of resistors for airbags (£2.65 for 50x up to 3.3Ohm, or £3.70 for 100x up to 6.8Ohm) and the nearest supplied was 3.3 - This worked for me.

3.5 may be the official value ? The VW specific resistors sold online (£7.50 Yikes!) are 3.3 Ohm.

You can get 5x 3.3 Ohm for about £1.50-£1.80 on theBay.

ANDROID - VAGEraseDTCAll App (FREE) works well to cancel Airbag Warning Light with OBD2 adapter.

I just folded the legs in a loop for my testing purposes and it worked well - maybe add some solder over the loop, or wires and heatshrink etc. if using for a longer period ...

3.3OhmVWSkodaAirBagRes.thumb.jpg.a0a9bde53f44d7273757e2f5175bac43.jpg