Centre air vent console won't go back in

I got a phone holder to clip in to the air vent in the centre console,I thought I try it in the drivers door vent so i pulled it but the clips were stuck so I pulled a little harder and the bottom air vent console unclipped . Now I can't push it back in at the bottom.

How do I get it back in ?

Thanks

Edited by jamestay1

I assume you're pushing it and the whole vent assembly is moving back when your pushing so it won't click? If so it is like mine (I tried to rout the GPS receiver to the dashboard mounting bar above the vents and got the vents half out but couldn't get them back in either). I will wait here for an answer. Otherwise it's booked in for a service on the 3rd so I'll ask VASStech to do it. That gap is annoying.

Just a thought, I don't know the layout that well but have you tried or is it even possible to remove the whole unit and then try and replace it starting with the bottom first?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by jonro2009

You need a special tool to clip it back in. I found the info on a workshop manual as I pulled mine out and never got it back in. The car is currently for sale in ebay after ive sold it. The centre air vents are still unclipped. Skoda quoted me 50 for a new unit fitted as its thought I snapped something when taking it out.

• 2 months later...

How much was the new vent ?

Just over £30 plus half an hours labor if I remember right. I'll have a look on the receipt if I remember but I think I'm right.

Right proper bummer to put it another way, but I'd rather pay that than not be able to turn the vents on and off or move them properly, and it got rid of the panel gap.

No wonder mine dont ****ing turn on or off lol I had an alarm fitted sometime back and the fool that fitted it put an led under the rear screen heater button, its been sitting weird for sometime but I thought my unit was gone never knew they dont work if its unclipped [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No wonder mine dont ******* turn on or off lol I had an alarm fitted sometime back and the fool that fitted it put an led under the rear screen heater button, its been sitting weird for sometime but I thought my unit was gone never knew they dont work if its unclipped [emoji85]

Yeah, the circle that you turn isn't attached to the vent part, so if the vent part is misaligned then the circle will be further back in the vent case and hard to get to and turn. Mine was really stiff.

Yeah, the circle that you turn isn't attached to the vent part, so if the vent part is misaligned then the circle will be further back in the vent case and hard to get to and turn. Mine was really stiff.

Going to investigate mine further tomorrow, hopefully it wont be a pain in the arse