Wingmirrorman refund problems

Hello.

Bit of a warning, moan and request for advice all in one :)

I bought a wing mirror (complete unit) from wingmirrorman for £145 delivered. When it arrived it was for the older octavia 1 rather than the 2010 octavia 2 I specified. So I called them up, explained the problem and was told they don't sell the correct one for an octavia 2 and that I should return it for a refund. I posted it back the next day special delivery so total time from arrival with me to return to them was 5 days.

That was on 1st may (signed for back with them). I called them a week later to confirm receipt and ask about my refund timescales and was told a cheque would be sent out that week.

Long story short, I'm still waiting for my cheque having spent a month on the phone each week and being given various BS reasons why I don't have my cheque. Things like its on its way, it was posted yesterday, it wasn't posted by mistake because of a new staff member, then it was posted yesterday, you need to allow 3 days for delivery, we will cancel the original cheque and send a new one, it will be sent tomorrow, it was sent last night, etc. etc. etc.

Today I was told I need to speak to the refund man who won't be in until tomorrow afternoon and they will pay straight to my card. Took my mobile so they can call me. I'm betting I won't get that call.

I paid online via PayPal so I've raised a complaint with them. I don't know why wingmirrorman won't refund via PayPal and are trying to use a cheque.

So, a warning to avoid these cowboys, and an appeal for any guidance on where else to complain. I'm down £145 for the mirror, £11 for return postage and £400 for the mirror I bought from Skoda in the end :(

Phone them up and say they have a week to deliver the cheque to your door and that you will be speaking with their local trading standards office (not "or you will be", so it's not a threat you're informing of actions you are about to take). Follow up with the same thing in writing.

Then do it. TS officers are usually very helpful. A phone call form them to the business can usually get things moving.

Edited by Aspman

Unsurprisingly the refund accountant has not called today. I spoke to wingmirror muppets and was told "he's in a meeting". I told them this was BS and having spoken to consumer advise today I unloaded the fury with some added legislation too. Seriously these guys are utter Cowboys of the watchdog league.

It's all good tho as next I spoke to PayPal about my dispute, gave them the RM tracking number and they checked delivery proof themselves, then decided in my favour and refunded me there and then! I now have my refund thanks to PayPal. What a great service :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt

I would not go near them again. Ever.

I had been waiting from 30th April until 5th June before I eventually got a refund via PayPal. Great service from them. I was asked to provide proof of postage and delivery which I did as fortunately I'd sent it back via special delivery.

Funny part is PayPal refunded me the full amount (so I lost £11 for my return postage) and then a week later a cheque with no explanation whatsoever arrived from wing mirror muppets for £25 less! No idea how they arrived at this figure.

Not once, ever, did anyone return a call or call me to update or discuss. An exemplary display of the most shabby customer service I have ever seen.

I would not buy a bog roll from them if they had the last ones on earth and I'd had curry for tea!

• Like 1