ISOFIX front passenger seat 2014 problem

DonjSZ5

OK, I ordered this as an optional extra (£25) in our Yeti last June. The Yeti is therefore classed as a 2014 build.

Now has come the time to move my grandson from the back to the front of the vehicle and use the ISOFIX seat.

Alas I cannot because there is no approved ISOFIX seat for the vehicle. All approved seats have a Top Tether. I have checked this with Britax and looked at other ISOFIX manufacturers.

The seat in my Yeti does not have the Top Tether attachment on the back.

I have spoken to Skoda UK who say it may not have been a requirement when I ordered my vehicle (I cannot imaging this to be correct but am looking into it). They say the 2015 option (£35) does have a Top Tether. Again I have looked online at the configurator and it still only shows the two attachment points at the base of the seat.

Does anyone here have a 2015 build vehicle with front ISOFIX passenger seat option that can confirm has the Top Tether.

I have contacted my dealership but as yet had no response.

thanks

Further too my investigation, it appears I am the only Skoda buyer to have ordered ISOFIX front passenger seat...ever.

My dealer has no knowledge of what should and should not be used and what one gets with this option. It appears Skoda UK know even less.

Out of interest, but I believe they having nothing to do with this topic, what are the tie downs for located in both rear foot wells. They are located on the side panels to the left of the nearside passengers feet and right of the offside passengers feet. For those hovering over RTFM keyboard buttons, they are not mention but are shown in one picture. 2014 manual page 104 Fig 108 far right and left shiny bits, page 92 Fig 89 top right shiny bit.

Further too, I have looked through the 2015 manual and the reference pages relative to ISOFIX are identical to 2014 i.e. the front passenger seat does not have a fixing for a Top Tether. A curved ball from Skoda UK just to get rid of me. They also tried to revert me to my dealer but I dug my heals in for about 30 minutes...only to get short shift coke bottle answer...talk to your dealer.

Out of interest, but I believe they having nothing to do with this topic, what are the tie downs for located in both rear foot wells. They are located on the side panels to the left of the nearside passengers feet and right of the offside passengers feet. For those hovering over RTFM keyboard buttons, they are not mention but are shown in one picture. 2014 manual page 104 Fig 108 far right and left shiny bits, page 92 Fig 89 top right shiny bit.

Presumably they are there to provide tie-down points in the enlarged luggage area when the rear seats are folded or removed.

Presumably they are there to provide tie-down points in the enlarged luggage area when the rear seats are folded or removed.

Maybe, but after examining them, I cannot even get my little finger in the metal loop, and it is a small diameter little pinky.

I think I am getting to the bottom (pun intended) of the ISOFIX seat issue albeit I find the whole saga sad for both Britax and Skoda UK. Britax gave me bum (pun intended) steer. They verbally provided the wrong information as to which seats are approved and which are not for the Yeti. Skoda UK knew nothing about ISOFIX or what it was...I even had to spell it out to CS. They then proceeded to tell me it was fixed for the current model...arseholez (pun intended), when in fact it's the same as the 2014 model. My dealers rep said he had only sold one seat in 20 years...to me.

So In short I believe from trolling through many Britax seat manual, the one to use is the Safefix Plus. It is Semi-Universal, as stated in the Yeti Manual and has a front foot prop which replaces the Top Tether option. It is also approved, by Britax, for fitting into all Yeti models, the Yeti 2009, Yeti Facelift 09/11 and the Yeti Facelift 2 11/13. Make of this what you will.

Now all I have to do is locate one locally to try...until I believe what I have read.

Those I believe are for the partition net screen that can be fitted there or behind the rear seats if it is ordered as a factory fitment as the top mounts are very difficult if not impossible to retrofit.

I take it you have found the rear Isofix tie downs behind the rear seats marked with plastic tags.

Those I believe are for the partition net screen that can be fitted there or behind the rear seats if it is ordered as a factory fitment as the top mounts are very difficult if not impossible to retrofit.

I take it you have found the rear Isofix tie downs behind the rear seats marked with plastic tags.

OK yes that's it then.

Yes, I found them in June 2014...my Q is for ISOFIX front passenger seat.

Under the rear of both my front seats there is a substantial round tube, could this be for the Isofix tether?

Under the rear of both my front seats there is a substantial round tube, could this be for the Isofix tether?

If the tether supplied with the seat were long enough maybe. But in the event of an accident if the tether were found to be attached to something other than an approved fixing point I would be in court or worse may have much regret.

Also, from the manual under Fastening systems, WARNING  'On no account should you equip your vehicle, eg mount screws or other anchorage points'.

So what are these tie downs?

I believe during tests standard ISOFIX seats fitted by their lower catch points only rotate i.e. the top to the seat, when occupied by a child, is heavy and thus rolls forward. The manufacturers introduced 2 features to prevent this, the Top Tether and the front foot prop.

Yeti two outer rear seats have rear Anchor eyelets (tie downs) for the Top Tether system.

Have you got a picture of the top tether? Our bases have both got the prop legs

Google 'child seat top tether' is easiest. It's a strap that runs from the top back of the child seat over the cars seat and attaches to an anchor point on the seat or boot floor. You can see why they do not like fitting these on the front passenger seat unless the anchor IS part of the cars seat.

I am looking for one of these