Plastic screen for instrument cluster

I considering buying a new instrument cluster with maxidot for my octy. I found one quite cheap, but it has a cracked screen. Is it possible to buy the plastic screen separate somewhere?

Thanks. I've done some research on the process of retrofitting maxi dot, and it seems like fitting a used one will not be possible. Does anyone have some information on that?

You are pre fl right? It's not too hard at all really. Search the VW forums for highline cluster swap guides as the process is the same on the mk5 golf as it is on the octavia. If you are not confident I believe Eddie_nl on here can do it out of the car if you post to him.

Yes, a pre-fl. I just saw some posts here saying that fitting a used one could create some problems when transfering info about mileage and immoblizer. But I'll have look around on some vw forums

That's the one I used :) I didn't want to link as I wasn't sure on site rules. You will need a cable to extract the SKC, VAG commander I believe is the genuine article though "high price commander" may be more apt.There are alternatives which are non genuine and much cheaper but come with some risks I guess.I can't list them due to site rules but search around and you will find them. If you opt for the cheaper cable I wouldn't go hooking it up to anyone else's car.I think if you are making money from retrofits it's only fair you pay for the genuine article.

Sounds good. I've talked to someone who works for a VW dealer who should have access to the correct cables and software. I've sent a message to Eddie-NL just to be sure.

Thank you for all the information!

The maxidot I bought also had a broken plastic screen.

When I fitted I just swapped the one over from the non-maxidot cluster as they are interchangeable.

Phil